South Yorkshireish Area Meet August

Grim

Now the pubs are back open (including monk's bridge farm), do we want to resume meets?

The august meet would be due on Wednesday the 5th. Unfortunately I'm not able to make this as i'm on holiday that week.

Weather permitting, it might be advisable to meet up outside. What are people's thoughts?

Andy

I'm planning on running the West Mids meet on 29th July but this is subject to me visiting the pub tonight to see what the score is regarding seating and ordering drinks. If it's a nice evening we will be outside milling around the cars, in which case maintaining a social distance shouldn't be a problem.

If they have seating inside, I suspect it'll be groups of small tables which means our normal turnout if 12 to 15 people will be split up and probably fill the pub but I'll speak to someone there and make sure they're happy with us coming.

If you want to go ahead with your meet, subject to whatever measures the venue have in place, then I think you're OK to proceed. The club position is that we proceed where we can as long as we follow the Government guidance (and we know how clear that is).

I’m looking at holding a Lincolnshire meet in August, probably following the usual format of a Sunday lunchtime picnic, but unless I am missing something the Government guidelines are that outdoor meetings from more than 2 households are still limited to 6 people so it will be very limited.

If anyone is planning to go, discuss it here. I'm going on holiday and I'm unlikely to have phone signal so won't check in here again.

Andy