Petrol Panic Buying ! Now Cannot Go To Work Tomorrow

speedtripledan

I use on average a full tank a petrol a day, i'm a service engineer doing monster miles. decided to fill up on the way home today the 1st 2 garages i went past were closed no fuel left, next 1 they were queued down the road a 1/4 mile blocking the main the rd. then my missis said on her way home the same queued out! that is all the garages within 8miles of here.

i had a 300mile day on tomorrow and now cannot go to work as the half tank i have won't get me home if tried and then failed to get fuel.

Thanks you over paid under worked tanker drivers hope you all lose your jobs!

Its moments like these that remind me why i hate the human race, selfish ************************

RANT finished... =@

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sandy77uk

its why the misses and I are working from home the rest of this week. its not helped by the *bleep*ing government telling people to stock up, so some clown that uses 1 tank a week is now brimming it and buying loads of jerry cans

bellends the lot of them

Takes seven days notice to go on strike. That notice has not yet been given. So what is the panic?

Almost entirely (apart from the greedy tosser tanker twits) due to chaos from Cameron, Maude, and Davey. Where have they been for the last 20 years? Fill up when your tank is 2/3 full and store a little extra at home in jerrycans. What a moronic thing to say. He couldn't have said anything less likely to cause chaos. The advice has always been to behave as normal. Buying extra or stockpiling is a disaster. The old wartime saying of 'Keep calm and carry on as normal' is the only sensible way to go.

If everyone went out today and bought three loaves of bread instead of the usual one, tomorrows headlines would be, queues at bread counters, many bakeries forced to close, riots in the bread line, families going without, etc. Very easy to cause a shortage in any commodity by silly behaviour.

Nigel

Guest sandy77uk

it was a dense thing to say, if you have a run on any commodity it will become scarce to the point that you can't get it in large parts of the country, telling people to stock up in fuel is just a jesus christ moment

Most of Derby is out of fuel today......once panic buying starts, it snowballs out of all reason.........

The first wave of panic buyers (the brain donors) are the ones which hear about the protests and immediatley go out and purchase fuel. As such they start to empty the odd fuel station hear and there.

The second wave of panic buying is the people who hear of the odd "empty" fuel station rush out to fill up. It is the second wave which causes the most damage because the more empty stations people hear about or see, the more they will go out and try to buy fuel!!

On a side note.......I'd predicted it was going to be the rain from the 1st April (car tax date + sods law) which was going to stop me going out in the RH, but at this rate....it will be lack of fuel!!!

Guest sandy77uk

well I'm on vapours in the Zero atm and looking at the weather forecast, I'm not in any hurry to join the queues for fuel, it can sit empty and when everything settles down I'll take her out, I've got all summer after all :)

Guest MarkB

Well I have joined the band of "bellends" as I cannot possibly afford to miss work, so, emmas car is full my car is full, the kit is full, the truck is full, 3 courtesy cars are full and a couple of jerry cans are now full..... Although the last fuel blockade didn't effect our. Little village as the 2 stations we have are independent fuel companies. I would go out for a blat to celebrate but in my moronic panic to buy a months worth of fuel I picked the wrong oil filter up from work....... Sooo.... No blat till the weekend.

50% of those panic buying could carry on working and living with out fuel I like Dan and Mark have to have transport, I can not get on the bus with all my Kit . If it gets that bad I will buy Cherry Diesel and notify HMC of amount bought and pay the duty.

Guest shaggy

Well I have joined the band of "bellends"

Well done Mark.

As I cannot afford to fill my tank (21 gallon when empty £140) I always half fill when the red light comes on, which was this afternoon. So I have approx 20 miles in the tank, and apparently most of the filling stations are out of fuel. So that's one trip to my current job and I'm out of fuel. So days off "due to shortage of fuel". But don't worry, I'm not a civil servant or anything like that, cos they just phone in work to say they can't get petrol to get to work, I'm self employed, so its simply back to basics for us - gruel...............

Apart from people's selfishness,(and government stupidity in triggering the panic buying), there is also bare faced greed.

One garage I pass every day on my way to work put 2p on a litre of unleaded (not diesel) overnight.

Thankfully at the present time, they are the only one in this area that has done this.

Guest shaggy

. If it gets that bad I will buy Cherry Diesel and notify HMC of amount bought and pay the duty.

Now there's a point Phil, I have enough to get me to the supermarket. I could always use veg oil.......... but please keep it to yourself. If anyone spreads the word, there will be a run on that too.

Si

Guest Ian & Carole

But don't worry, I'm not a civil servant or anything like that, cos they just phone in work to say they can't get petrol to get to work,

Excuse me !!!!!! Simon. I wish.

Guest MarkB

Now there's a point Phil, I have enough to get me to the supermarket. I could always use veg oil.......... but please keep it to yourself. If anyone spreads the word, there will be a run on that too.

Si

Best fill my deep fryer and couple of pans..... Just incase :)