Mr2 Mx5 S2000 Or Audi Tt

speedtripledan

Can't decide on my next car once the westfield is gone,

I think i,m done with the kit world for now i want something i can drive without the risk of getting wet and always needing tinkering,

i would like the S2000 but they seem to be a lot of money for the year where as the mr2 seems to be great value for what it is, i know mx5,s are good but they seem to be a bit common and the tt is a good car but a bit on the ugly side

Have any of you owned any of them ? if so what were they like?

basically i,m after a 2 seater soft top for approx £5000

I had an 05 plate Audi tt 2wd 187 coupe. The back seats are useless although they were used on occasions. The boot was massive!!!much bigger than the lexus 220d that I've got now.

I drove it with a heavy right foot an as such it only averaged 27 mpg.

Only warranty issue it ever had was a crank sensor fault.

I know the tt is not everyone's taste, but I love the shape of the coupe version and it was a very nippy car, comfy to drive.....it is missed!!

We had an S2000 for a while. Beautiful car - one of the best cars we've owned, I think. Very solid, great driving position, beautiful gearbox, wonderful engine (tractable enough, but you can take it into the bonkers zone if you want), reliable when regularly serviced but i would look for dealer history on one. Handling OK but not the best in it's class; a bit 'vague' but maybe that was just ours... don't get me wrong, not dangerous in any way, but I wouldn't call it an out-and-out sports car.

I miss it :) :( but that's what happens when the missus puts it into a ditch the day before we were selling it!

coming from a vx220 owner i could recommend one

i have the 2.0 turbo, which goes like stink but is a bit more than youre budget, but you can get a 2.2 which isnt much slower for about £5k

a good cross between production and kit car

worth a look anyway

Guest mower man

Asking much the same questions Dan but have decided to run the hood another year ,TTlike much ,parts ins dear ,s2000 pricey and as above ,MX 5 good prices very tweakable [200 bhp with a blower ] just don't know mick

I must admit I have just recently bought an MX5 and am impressed, handles/rides well, small boot though and if you were a bit on the large side think you will find it too small. Hood is very watertight and surprisingly draught free with it and the windows down. Guess it is the wonders of a curved screen.

Having owned 2 MX5's (1 now residing in Roadrunner Sr2 clothing) I would definately go this route.

The wife had the 2.0l which had plenty of get up and go and handled really wel :girl_devil: l. Even she had the back of the car drifting out on Round abouts.....(I was quite inpressed) :crazy: . Theres a good reason they are so common.....

Cheap,

Reliable/ bulletproof

Great handling

Rear wheel drive

Cheap/ readily available spares

Comfortable for the larger person (Dan) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Would definately have another :db: :db:

Comfortable for the larger person (Dan) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pot and kettle mr tazz 8P

Gtm libra all weather toy and cheap insurance too

Trouble with the GTM's though is they have a K series power plant in them, and they are prone to HG failure...........

Trouble with the GTM's though is they have a K series power plant in them, and they are prone to HG failure...........

and its a kit i want production car reliabilty and weather protection.

zetekzerogt you know you want to

spend £11000 pound to build a car that is not much different to what i have now and slower !

Mx5 then you can strip it for a road runner

if i were to build a kit it would be a roadrunner runner without a doubt

Fancy this 8)

http://www.sarahcoxc...201233482009044