Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

Guest 2b cruising

Make sure your handbrake and foot rake release on both wheels quickly.

If one is slow, the diff will feel the resistance and just spin the other wheel.

It only take a slight difference in resistance for this to happen.

Once the rollers start they could just remain spinning up one side.

It even happen with some LSD types on ice because of lack of resistance.

It also might help if you could go to the test by road to give everything a chance to bed in.

John still buildings retest took a full month to come through because of the new booking procedure through a third party agency.

Might be best to put yourself under pressure and book it now.

HTH, Ken.

Edited by 2b cruising

I never expected the thread to last this long, though the title was meant to cover the original post, which was a summary of the build to date.

I'm not going to book the retest until I know the problem is resolved. What ever happens, I'm not getting a plate until nearly christmas now so no point rushing to book the retest.

Guest 2b cruising

The title says "build in brief" 442 posts!!! brief ---- so not booking at copy of the film which tells the story in full

I am fully retired but couldn't find the time to watch the film.

Not to worry Duck. At least you have shown a stalwart attitude.

Only got a couple of hours this weekend as we were at a wedding yesterday and associated hangover today, however, the drive shaft is sorted and hubs built back up! Quick test in the air and problems appear to be solved :D just need a road test now to confirm is working correctly.

Only thing left is to weld in some angle iron to act as bracing for the lower harness mounts.