Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

The likelihood of this being fitted with a rotary engine is slim, though it can be done for less than a duratec install with a freshly rebuilt and warrantied engine!

Of course, it needs to get on the road first...

Edited by theduck

Guest mower man

The rotary does have probs a lot oil use and cooling probs but it can make tremendous power that a pinto would be hard pushed to even think about I have seen figs like 350 or more mentioned but like all big figs it comes at a cost . back in olden times a rotary with a volvo truck blower was said to make over 300 in stage rally car but the cooling probs killed it . If you like a challenge a reliable ? 250 should be available . Olden times mean in the late 70's early 80' s :crazy: :diablo:

Really good day on the car today. Took the seats out. Welded in the required angle for bracing the lower harness mounts. Refitted seats.

Built drums back up an all adjusted and working, still need to bleed the brakes though.

Engine decided it didn't want to start. Turned out the stealth blackbox had died. Disconnected it and rewired without it. Car runs better than ever.

Rev counter then stopped working. Was iffy before. Checked ace well instructions and it suggested adding a resistor in line. Done and it again, works better than ever!

So left to do is bleed the brakes, bit if tidying up, quick road test, finish making my new heatshield, double check IVA fail sheet has all points resolved and probably some more bits I am currently forgetting.

• Like 1

I am getting paperwork together ready to send off for registation. From what I gather I need to send:

- V55/5 or V55/4
- V627/1
- IVA pass certificate (original or is photocopy ok?)
- Copy of insurance cover note
- Copy of driving license
- CD of build photos
- Cheque for first tax £230
- Cheque for first reg £55
- Receipts (what do I need to provide receipts for? Almost everything was purchased second hand, including the kit.)

I am going for a Q plate, so no donor V5 to send. Am I missing anything?

Finally everything is done and I just need to road test it to confirm the rear axle issue is resolved, which I will probably do tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed it proves to be ok, I currently have my doubts as it would be typical off this car to raise a problem this late in the day.

So after my post yesterday I decided I wasn't happy with the rear brakes. Richy popped over today and helpede sort out the handbrake cable and we bled all the brakes with new good quality fluid as the fluid in there was cheap rubbish.

Took it for a quick spin to make sure everything was ok and it was far better than it was when I drove it at IVA. We decised to let it warm up as double check the timing as I had set it by ear, which was pretty good but we decided to add a little more advance (couple of degrees) and that was it, job done. Now just waiting for IVA.

• Like 4