Garage Doors-Standard Single Size

Guest RoborRoss

I fitted am electric remote control opener onto mine.

Got the kit from Screw fix, was about £130 if my memory serves me correct Rob.

I don't think the type I have fits the up and over type that still protrudes when open though. Mines an up and over but retracts fully into the garage when open.

An absolute doddle to fit mate. 2 of us did it in approx 2 hrs.

Hi Rob,

I shopped around about 5 years ago for 2x sectional doors. Ended up buying a pair shipped in from the states with remote openers, insulated etc 8"x7" doors £600 each delivered all in (Biggest users and makers of sectional doors in the world). About 30% the cost of anything I could find in the UK. Bought them through garage door King http://www.thegaragedoorking.co.uk/. Arrived in 14 days and Only took 3/4 day per door to fit on my own. Dead easy to do. 5 years on doors still going no problems :acute:

HTH

Guest RoborRoss

Looking for roller, or sectional as I believe the channels they run in are a little bit more draught excluding than the current up and over? It's a bit knackered and the draught in the room above the garage is quite chilly this time of year.

Will have a look at garagedoorking and hormann. Budget is the key though. Rather spend it on the car!

Thanks for advice.

Roller & sectional will still be draughty; there is no way a sliding fit will seal long term. Draught-proof will only come with a pair of side hung doors with seals on all the mating faces between doors & doors to frame. (always take your Mrs out with you -- gives you some-one to open/close the doors)

Guest mower man
:crazy: Roller shutters are far superior in my op after having numerous probs with up/over am now considering power option [ lazy ok] will have to work out alarm isolation with my pet trician mower man

my roller door is completely draft free also insulated and has anti lift locks built in, its been there sense 2006 fault free, consider the amount of time i spend going in and out of it that is good going. Before you make any decision look at mine saturday when you come round