4 Berth Caravan For Sale

richardm6994

Your normal black socket is for lights on van (rear ) the grey one 12s is for running fridge and a split charge reley will be there for charging caravan battery whilst towing and a reverse light basically.

When I fitted the towbar to my Volvo v50 I managed to get hold of a plug and play loom which is really simple and no breaking and scotchlocks involved . Towbars just bolt on .all holes are ready there and instructions a r e easy to follow

Mitch

Anyone think of a way to test if my wiring is sound before I actually get to plug it in when I'm away from home?

Multi meter on the relevent pin to what function your checking?

A mates trailer or caravan local to you?

A trailer board?

Beware on the 12s socket wiring. Pre 1998 caravans are slightly different on which pin powers the caravan battery charge.

Not an issue with regard to shorts / blowing a fuse etc, but it won't match the wiring diagram on the packet the 12s plug comes in.

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers! Guess I'll get the wiring in front of me and see how it looks. Multimeter would be simplest but wasn't sure if it's just a straight electrical connection for each function and not sure which pin will be for what on the caravan. Will probably make more sense when it's all in front of me

Dave,

We tow a five berth caravan with a Honda CRV diesel and it copes with it fine. If you are used to camping in a tent this will change your way of life. Looks like a good van too. Ours was a 1000 pound job off ebay and it came with everything down to the bog roll! We don't use the shower in ours for the reasons already stated plus it can make the interior a bit humid. The battery should be charging all the time you are plugged into the mains and will power the water pump, if you are not on a hook up then it can be switched to power the 12v lights. We are off to Devon in ours this year but we use it for weekends away fishing, steam rallies and off course we will be going to the RHOCAR meet up at Hollowell in September

Guest chris brown

I also bought a Witter bar for my CRV (2003) £101.99 from same seller, good well made bar and easy to fit. For the electrics the CRV has a plug in the nearside wing, Google to find the connections just make sure get the correct plug as there are 2 different ones shown on the site I looked at one with 6 pins and one with 7

BTW the CRV is a good tow car I took a Mazda RX8 200 miles a couple of weeks ago (the reason I fitted the bar) and even towing well over the recommend tow weight the car felt good and I was well in control even at 60ish mph which is more than I can say for some I have used in the past.

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers fellas! Gonna try to find this connector plug later. While I'm worrying about the technical aspects the wife and little one are happily planning where to go!

Just go local into the Peaks.

Loads of little campsites to be discovered mate.

Once you're convinced you enjoy it, upgrade the van and venture further afield.

:)

France is great in a caravan and the sites are fantastic, Just the ferry price thats a but high but at least you dont need waterproofs wellies and thermals for the french summer un like here

Guest Dave Skirrow

Thanks again for all the top advice. Going to try the peaks for our first couple of trips to get used to everything and ensure there are no technical problems but after that then we're off! I've always fancied a tour of remote bits of Scotland but reckon the missus and daughter would get sick of it with the lack of amusements/shops

We had our first caravanning outing to Carsington Fields, a nice site. Don't go on the hardstandings, a nicer grass pitch at the top of the site is better.

Knockerdown pub campsite is OK if you want pub beer and food on the doorstep.

Bakewell C&CC site is also terrific, but no loos or showers, just disposal points. Access road can get tight with walkers parking so maybe not a first trip out!

We regularly go a weekend (or a week in summer) without hookup, just using battery, get a 110Ah one if it will fit. Even used the TV on an AC converter for an hour or so each day. No hookup means some lovely sites that many don't consider.

If you fit a 12S system and have a good car battery you can use that a bit as well (carefully, for obvious reasons) and top up while out driving in the day. Just remember to disconnect before driving off, as I didn't do once!! :fool:

Enjoy. Its great.