Dangerous And Scary !

blue

Guest mower man

Bottom ball joint needs to be slightly behind top one , if you have tie bars shorten the adjust ment eaqaly each side by a couple of turns and road test steering should not be overly light but not need garth arms to steer or try to throw you out of the car mine is a litlle heavy at parking speed but pleasant at above 4/5 mph mower man

Guest mower man

Don't you mean slightly in front, referencing the front of the car as the forward direction.

Whoops !! you are right and I stand corrected so he needs to lengenth the tie bars a bit :sorry: and road test mower man :80:

I've found measuring the castor at the hub difficult due to having little to measure off. A technique I found in a chassis design book is to measure the camber at full lock left and right and the difference should approximate caster angle. You should get measurements like -86 & +92 = 6 deg caster.

Ok after having a look at the car (sierra hubs) the top and bottom ball joints are directly above one another

So I take it one of the first things to do is unwind the tie rods to push the bottom ball joint forward about an inch and see if that makes a difference !!

Guest mower man

You wont need to move it an inch two turns will make world of difference [ an inch would be 10 degrees or more ] take your time and adjust in small amounts and record all adjustment for reference ,the ideal angle is arount 5/6 degrees mowerman :acute: