Fuel Leaks

Guest Ian & Carole

Stop tinkering, cover the space with a bit of leather cloth / vinyl and poppers, get it taxed and drive the bloody thing.

All next winter is waiting for you.

Seats are extremely comfy.....so comfy the wife has to watch her weight :)

The other downfall with the seating and the car size, is that I fitted the seats on adjusters for up down and slide, but the width of the car restricts the movement to forward and back about an inch :(

Also the adjusters on the seatbelts are a pain and I will need to get a welder to fit me extra brackets on the back of the car to make it a true 4 or 5 point harness with the aircraft style adjusters and release mechanism. But funds, welder and time have held me back until later in the year.

At least this weekend the car was off the axle stands, started first time and had a little drive out of the garage at into sunlight. Nikki has placed a picture of it on the drive in the garaged section of the site (just a pity it was before the mods).

I also found out how light this car really is this weekend, when I forgot I left the handbrake off and lean't against the boot to do some work. I thought the cardboard was slipping from under my feet. I then looked up to see the car rolling forward towards the wife's......eeeeek!

No harm done, but must remember to place the chucks under the wheels when messing around with the brakes ;)

I'm not looking forward to working on the boot, looks a minefield of different ideas and changes, but maybe I will just fix a temporary tarpaulin over it and send it in for the MOT (too see if there are any other hidden work to be completed).

Does anybody know if I require a jack and wheel brace in the car for the MOT?

CHEEKY i can fit my bum in the seats !!!!!!!!!!! you have been told stop messing and get the bloody thing on the road so i can drive it to the shops :crazy:
  • Like 1

what a great day...finally got the car out of the garage and left it running whilst checking everything in preparation for the MOT on Monday. Everything seemed OK, until Nikki noticed the reverse light don't work when I reversed into garage. Checked bulb, which is OK.

We cannot remember if it ever worked when we bought it..... (all other lights are OK).

Big question is.... Where do we stand legally with the reversing light for the MOT?

Nikki, found some notes saying - No reverse Lights - the car cannot be failed for something that doesn't exist. Which means, I may be able to remove the light for the test and put it back again after and fix it when I have time.

Or do I have to find the bloody fault and fix it, which could be the reversing switch or wiring :(

If the automatic gearbox has a reversing switch, any ideas would be useful.

Guest mower man

not sure about reverse lights or latest spec at one time if it was fitted it should woek but lots has changed since I was on the register .there should be a switch on te box/linkage usually a cut out so the car cannot be started in gear ,may be you disturbed some thing when you moved hand brake HTH mower man :crazy:

Guest Ian & Carole

Dino

If fitted must be operational, remove it for test and fix at your leisure.

AFTER YOU FINISH DRIVING IT THROUGHT HE SUMMER!!!!!!

Start your winter upgrade list and add this to it as

Great News everybody....Car is finally free.....No more days confined to the garage....

post-12997-0-66083200-1397584090_thumb.jpg

Booked a day off work...Got it tax'd & tested and been flying around the the A45 and Kenilworth bypass testing the auto box and engine.

I must say...It will be the long hot summer car for the lazy boy....

post-12997-0-21400800-1397584238_thumb.jpg

Dumped the kids and took the wife out for a quick spin and returned a couple of hours later with a big, big......SMILE! :)

Pity the rear N/S drum smells of burning and the speedometer packed up....

But hell of a fun drive and worth the work to get it up and running over the last couple of months.

We just need to gain a little more confidence and trust in the car before taking it on the long runs 8)

Thank you to everybody's help and roll on the kit car show at Stoneleigh.