June Lincolnshire Meeting

alanrichey

Time to look ahead and pencil in your diaries.

Continuing with our successful Sunday outings I would like to suggest we have our next get together at either the Bourne Classic Car Show (http://www.bournemotorclub.co.uk/carshow/2013show.php) or the Castle Bytham Summer Fair (http://www.midsummerfair.co.uk/).

Both of these are held on Sunday 22nd June. Primary one would be the Bourne show and I have e-mailed the organisers to check they can take 8-10 cars and park us all together. If that is not possible I know the organiser of the Castle Bytham fair and I am sure they would love to have us there. I am not sure how practical it would be to have picnics at the Bourne show (anyone know ?), but I know we can at Castle Bytham.

Can I have expressions of interest please, and whether you would bring the car ?

Al

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest petelee

I'll definitely be at Bourne, as it's 8 miles up the road from me. It should be my first outing in my 2B/4, assuming DVLA send me my registration details and first tax disc by then!

It used to be held on a large flat field, but last year and the year before, it was in a beautiful setting amonst the trees and next to a lake (where they also display the classic motorbikes) - it's ideal for picnics! It's a great show, hundreds of classic cars, and it's FREE!!!! It's even close to the local shops!

There's always a flypast - last year I think it was a pair of Spitfires, doing several low passes.

Pete

think you may need more than space for 8 - 10 cars if the weather is kind. I would of said 10 - 15 with it beeing not far from leicester a few of us may be intreasted (me for one)

Actually Bourne have just rejected us :( Just had an e-mail back from the organisers saying they treat 'classic' properly and accept only cars built before 1994 and kit cars are not included. Should I go ahead with Plan B (Castle Bytham) or will people want to go to the Bourne Show as normal visitors ?

they treat 'classic' properly and accept only cars built before 1994

I had to laugh at this - I wear Tee shirts older than that. Stiil, owners of these current classics will no doubt be made welcome.

Boring 1.jpg

Boring 2.jpg

Boring 3.jpg

Guest mower man

If they don't want us at Bourne then Castle Bytham it is, this real classics thing really gets up my nose,its a bit like brooklands was " the right crowd and no crowding "mower man :aggressive:

Just heard back from Castle Bytham and they would love to have us (turns out the organiser is an old friend), particularly as the clash with the Bourne show means they will be a bit light on cars. They will be parking us on a road that leads out of the village (the centre is closed off), so although the fair runs from 10:00 to 16:00 we will be able to drive in/out as required. This is a lovely little village 'fete' and I am sure everyone will enjoy wandering around if I can go for a hat trick on the weather :)

So please let me know who will be coming with a car so I can warn them. So far it's:

me

Mick (mowerman)

Nigel (niduncan)

Kerry (kerry)

Richard (Richard7)

Matthew (maw)

Chris (tractor)

Cheers

Al

Edited by alanrichey

• 2 weeks later...