Wipers

tractor

The mini I set up is what I have I found it hanging down under dash right hand side needs securing and 2 wires out of it power this up and it goes one speed got to find where tobwire it to stalks and how to make it use intermittent etc etc any help guys please

Been driving my Sr2 for the past 2 years with no wipers....I have just been applying liberal amounts of Rainex to the screen.... Works great above 40mph, but totally blind when following anyone.

I have got the Mini wiper motor to fit on mine, just not got around to doing it yet as a slight chassis modification is required (cross rail under scuttle comes just where wiper boxes need to go). Roadrunner are using my car as a guinea pig (mine being the first Sr2 with a screen fitted) to do a few mods and get the wipers fitted over the next couple of weeks. So all being well I should be able to see what I'm about to hit now :crazy: :crazy:

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

Does that mean no more horrible whining transmission, or gear lever that could smash your speedo and break your wrist if the engine stay bar broke or lost its bolts. No more water pump or cyl head removal just to change a small rubber bypass hose. Plus many many other silly little quirky things.

Ah those good old days.

• 3 weeks later...

the only prob with longboarders wiring i have a pre 87 sierra set up using the lucas min motor and the diagrams dont help with this only using sierra motor so going to habve to investigate anyone know how to wire them in from scratch so i can basically start again.

i would like 2 speed and intermitant so anyone with diagram or help to enable me to do this would be great and getting confused with how to park the wipers grrrr i feeel like ripping it all out and starting again but time and health not good lol

For example on the pic of mini plug green\park goes to 31b1 on my stalk but according to Haynes 31b1 goes to the intermittent relay from mynstalk but I don't have relay I don't think so do I basically take 31b1 straight from back of stalk to wiper motor and if so will park work

Not much help at this time of night but will look tomorrow for Nigel's post which I used on Florin ( possibly with additions ) We have the Sierra column switch wired to Sierra relay to Mini wiper motor -- & this gives intermittent wipe ( not variable as resistor switch not fitted ) plus normal & fast wipe.

That's great next tim e in Plymouth summer prob with caravan or at a show I owe you some beer but be warned won't be last electrical prob I have lol can rebuild an engine eyes shut but still learning with electrics thanks again and everyone for help on this topic will try sort and report back