Leicestershire

LE16 8DR

tel>

01858 565478

pitches>

open>

all year

description>

"The site is rather unique due to its situation built on an old disused railway line. The driveway itself-runs along the embankment giving an elevated view of beautiful countryside. A pool at the side of the road indicates the site entrance. The main feature is a large three arch railway bridge harbouring the kitchen and Tearooms set between high fossilised banks showing 400,000,000 years of evolution in the strata, many fossils can be seen protruding. On the Camping/Caravan field there is a spring pool, which itself is a haven for wildlife including Great Crested Newts. Although the pool is small it gives excellent fishing. The larger pool at the entrance is also teeming with fish"

website>

www.jgalway.freeserve.co.uk

Phil:

How about New Lodge Farm ? (http://www.newlodgefarm.com/) We know it well from the Stilton Cheese run and location is good. Not the cheapest around (£20/caravan £15/tent) but it has all the facilities we would need. I guess we wouldn't have the place to ourselves but it was a huge site and maybe they would be open to us blocking off a corner :)

Edited by alanrichey

Guest Ian & Carole

The answer to questions asked on their Face Book page are a load of *bleep*s as well Bo****ks.

"Sorry we do tend to try and rotate ALL the clubs that we invite to the show. We like to give the visitors something different to see each year."

What's that all about then !!!

FFS tell the truth our faces don't fit any more because some one dared challenge lord almighty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did wonder if this might happen after we didn't get an invite the bonfire night.

Edited by Ian & Carole

Guest mower man

Sorry to hear this ,didn't get there but every one who did enjoyed it to the full . It's a big slap to Richard as the amount of work he put in was enormous . No doubt we will over come mick

Guest 2b cruising

Sounds to me like a committee without spunk, and a 'president' or whatever he thinks he is bullying and abusing his possition.

Can we place an add in there programme. REPORT ALL BULLYING TO YOUR TEACHER.

I posted a question on the Hollowell Facebook page. What car clubs are attending this year? this is the reply I got

This year we are having more indepandant vintage and classic cars that are tax exempt as we always have a large waiting list for those and the show is a vintage vehicle and heavy horse show. Apart from those we have an american vehicle section, a mini section, a triumph section, an MG section and the Kettering Area Car Club.