Can't Find 3 Gang 2 Way Light Switch On Double Box?

agent_zed

Hi,

for the life of me i can't find a find 3 gang 2 way light switch for a double box. I know they exist as my parents have one.

I can find single socket width ones with 3 switches or 4 switches on a double socket but not 3 on a double?!

any suggestions where to look

I've tried

screwfix

toolstation

qvsdirect

homebase

bandQ

Ebay

might have buy a 4 gang at this rate and just have a spare switch doing nothing.

Can find 3 gang dimmers on a double but can't use dimmer on the one set of lights i have.

any links appreciated...

thanks. hmm hoping i can find one a bit cheaper, but i guess if thats all that is about then might have to bite the bullet. Would prob want to find a white one though to match everything else in the room.

seems odd to me that the 3 gang dimmers all have double boxes yet you can't easily get a 3 gang normal switch on a double. So if you were going from a 3 switch to dimmer you'd need to chop out a new bigger box in most cases it would seem.

If i could use dimmers i'd prob buy a dimmer set as i can get one cheaper.

guess i could always do 4 and just have a random spare one (to confuse people in the future) http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/Crabtree+White+Wiring+Accessories/sd3354/Crabtree+10A+Light+Switch+/p61254

cheers for the link but from the pic it's a 3 switch but single width socket. I need a double wide socket, which seems pretty uncommon with 3 switches.

Think i've sussed it with the grid system ones, might even be better as i need 2 x 2way and 1x1way so i can buy the correct ones and create a custom switch. Could even fit dimmers to the lights that can use then and leave a normal switch on the others if i wanted to be fancy :)

Ensure there is sufficient depth for the grid-built switches --- from memory they are deeper than a normal plate switch.

thanks. Should be fine as i've got 32mm box and i think decided to plasterboard the wall so they will be set back 12mm further as can't be bothered to move them forward, just get longer screws :)

Yep this forum is awsome, god knows what i've rambled on about over the years with over 2000 posts :crazy:

Guest colin law

If you go down the dimmer route make sure you get the right wattage suited for your load .250w ,400w,600w and type of light.Some low volt lights do not have dimmable transformers some require L V dimmers although these are now rare .if you want any advice get in touch .3g grid it the way to go