Bike Carbs

jaimo

It's just that manifold not got nipples for vacum on dizzy so thought following advice either accuspark dizzy or megajolt as don't think my dizzy is no good anyway but it is the electtonic version with eddis and vacum advance thanks ian for link not fluttering just want to be able to. Enjoy the kit nxt summer

The accuspark dizzys I have seen still have the vacum unit on side is that just redundant unit now or does that need vacum

Edited by jaimo

Guest Gargoil

From what people have told me and the Google searches done, an electronic dizzy does not need a vacuum attached. It's all done electronically and I assume, one of the reasons for having an electronic dizzy.There may be a position available to connect one, but you shouldn't be using it, as it may give you too much advance, higher up the rev range.

this topic gives me headache every time I open it :)

For a megajolt installation you will need;

The megajolt brain box with plug (either TPS or MAP version)

Trigger wheel

Crank sensor bracket

Crank sensor (with plug)

Ford EDIS 4 (with plug)

Ford coil pack (with plug)

New set of spark leads with the right connectors for the coil pack

TPS sensor with plug (if TPS version) or vacuum take-off on your manifold (if MAP version)

Shielded cable to go between the megajolt and EDIS and also between the crank sensor and EDIS.

You also still need the bottom stub-end of a normal dizzy fitted in the block so you keep drive to your oil pump (some people just leave the full dizzy fitted).

This is the wiring diagram for MAP version I put together after finding a couple of errors with the one provided by autosport-labs

MEGAJOLTEDIS4WIRING_zpsc57f3671.png

It is unlikely you will see any more hp using a megajolt....you will just have a smoother power curve once set-up right.

My advice to you would be to get some vac take-offs on your manifold and fit an accuspark dizzy (or another 'good' dizzy) as it is simpler, just as good for what you're after and cheaper overall..........it seems like you're over complicating things just because you haven't got the vac ports on your manifold.

Edited by steamer
  • Like 1

Guest Ian & Carole

this topic gives me headache every time I open it :)

And me, :sorry: :sorry: :lazy: :lazy:

He used to be indecisive but now he is almost certain ?? I think! :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Ian & Carole

KISS.... keep it simple stupid.

less is more

either a good 2nd hand dizzy (and fit accuspark) or a new accuspark one, rich will do the take offs for vac. Job done.

if the rollers say better without you simply block the pipe from the manifold and carry on.

It's got electronic dizzy with the motorcraft ignition amplifier and 2 wires to dizzy not points so I believe it to be the Bosch inductive discharge system does that sound right 1983 2.0 Sierra donnor

Edited by jaimo

It's got electronic dizzy with the motorcraft ignition amplifier and 3 wires to dizzy not points so I believe it to be the Bosch inductive discharge system does that sound right 1983 2.0 Sierra donnor

You can leave that on...im assuming its still got a vac advance on it.. but they arent as reliable or easy to find parts for as accuspark.

you can either leave it on . or get a bosch dizzy and accuspark module in spares just in case.

Guest Ian & Carole

Its a common misconception that fitting an electronic/2D/3D OKI KOKI 2000 ignition system

will increase horsepower...........

IT WONT!

Done correctly it MAY improve driveability....IT WONT increase horsepower.

Exactly Bob all it gave me with both cars was much better starting both hot and cold and a smoother drive. Oh and reliability which obviously I need with the wedding cars.