Where To Get Wishbone Bushes

maccavvy

Made my own. Interesting stuff to machine

i tried to take a little off my new bushes on my little lathe and they seemed to expand with speed (maybe i had it going too fast), so i had to be careful not to take off too much. They were the proper ones from RH but seemed to be way too tight. I even froze them before putting into wishbone after trimming and they were still tight. I also cut a small groove in the bush as there is a seam in the wishbone tubing which was catching and it seemed like it was going to cause issues if i just forced it. They ain't coming out in a hurry though :)

Guest 2b cruising

Your supposed to remove the seam with a round file not by cutting the bush.

Red rubber grease might help pressing them in.

Do not tighten the through bolts until all the weight is on the wheels, maybe even have the front seats loaded. This avoids pre load of the bush. Same as professionals do when setting geometry.

The bushes can be easily remove with-out damage if you make up an hydraulic push pin, will only work though if your bushes are still a tight fit in centre sleeve

A short piece of silver steel ( or bright ) same diameter & length as inner sleeve is drilled down through centre to just over half way & a cross hole drilled at mid length to meet same, cross hole is drilled & tapped to accept a small grease nipple.

Pin is placed in the wish-bone ( off car ) & pumped up with grease from grease gun, which will force out one ( or both) bushes with-out damage.

A larger pin can then be driven though the 'bone to remove the other bush.

Fitted grease nipples to Florin's 'bones during build to charge with grease, therefore keeping any chance of water getting in by capillary action & rust causing joint to seize. Above removal method was a secondary advantage. HTH

Your supposed to remove the seam with a round file not by cutting the bush.

I umm'd and ahh'd and figured i'd rather leave more metal on the seam of the tube and just have a little groove in the bush. Also useful as it stops the bush turning. Either way is fine i guess as unlikely to cause an issue.