Terminal Split?

alanh65

Quote Knights Templar

Should we not be more open about this model? and as Sapperpaul has rightly pointed out, it is not the only vehicle that have known issues of poor design

This forum has always been fully open on any issue, only the lightweight was a true problem and a more open discussion you could not have got

The monocoque is fine and with modifications discussed and applied ( you only need to use the search function)

I stand by it and I drive one, truth be known the only truly safe 7 is probably a 2b unless you have another mark of 7 with a full roll cage and side bars.

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

Quick note to Comadis.

All of these cars are kit cars.

Heavy on maintenance is part of the fun.

If you are incapable of doing a full repair yourself, or unwilling to pay someone to do repairs to a good standard, surely you should be asking yourself the question. Am I really the right guy to have a kit car, or should I get a hairdressers car.

As for shoddy quick and dangerouse repairs, then selling on, it's yourself that the correct authorities should scrap and dispose of.

To avoid this wondering too far off topic and keeping in the lighthearted spirit of the forum, Alan's car should arrive with me tomorrow night for the repair work to begin. I've bought some really good quality gaffa tape and a bag of tie wraps ready! I'll post pictures here of the repair

• Like 7

Papier-mâché is far superior for this type of repair and can be lacquered in a very convincing way.

Forget welding as this can burn you whilst Papier-mâché is applied cold and thus very safe.

Gaffer tape is ugly and tends to stand out for all to see.

Come on steamer do the right thing :sorry:

To avoid this wondering too far off topic and keeping in the lighthearted spirit of the forum, Alan's car should arrive with me tomorrow night for the repair work to begin. I've bought some really good quality gaffa tape and a bag of tie wraps ready! I'll post pictures here of the repair

Glad to see a permanent engineering solution will be employed -- just take great care with the scissors when cutting the tape, Richard.

And make SURE it's silver gaffer tape -- don't want it looking like no thought went into it.

Edited by florin metal works

Guest Gargoil

Once saw a lad use toothpaste to fill in the large hole at the top of a suspension turret on an Audi 100.

Most disturbing was that you couldn't tell, unless you were looking for it, after he had painted it.

Oh how we laughed until our teeth fell out.......

Well, I'm back home and my car is snuggled up in steamer's garage ... it thinks it's Christmas!

What a difference the reception I received at Richard's to one that I would have received at a garage, had I taken hoodie to a garage for repair instead.

I can imagine at a garage I would have been met with:

a VERY sharp intake of breath, rolling eyes, a slow shaking of the head and a calculator being produced, and used to create an 'unrecognisably' large sum!

Richard removed the bonnet, studied the damage, nodded and said ... "Ah yes, I can do that - it's not as bad as I expected. That'll be straight forward."

Fan bl**dy tastic ... thought I !!

Thanks to all for advice - and for pointing me towards steamer - I'm going to be one happy bunny ... well according to the shops Easter is just around the corner.

Edited by alanh65
  • Like 2