Eu Referendum, Where Is The Data?

megadodo

There is a high level summary of the pros and cons on the BBC News website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32793642

I know the Beeb are the 'state TV' and typically support the Government, but have a read as it may throw up answers or pose more questions.

At the end of the day, it's what you think.

Personally I don't trust any Politician, to use a line from the film, The Hunt for Red October, they are 'either kissing babies or stealing their lollipops'. It's all mud slinging either way.

As yet i'm undecided. Employment is a key concern, not just now but in 10-20-30+ years, plus the effects on things like currency exchange, pensions (as some are invested in overseas companies), travel, import duty, education exchanges to name but a few. We need more info which sadly I don't think we'll get because of the infighting between parties and personalities for both the in and out sides.

What is important, we have a vote - use it either way

• Like 1

If we vote out there will be 2 or 3 more votes as offers on the table will change look at previous votes to join where the eu wanted the country in like Ireland and I think Denmark I stand to be corrected

The EU as it stands now is very different to the EU we agreed to join.

It seems that it will have to (or choose to) change even more in the coming years.

But how that will affect the EU itself, and the UK if we stay in is the unknown.

I worked in a bank during the ERM fiasco & I've never seen so many senior bankers

in total confusion. But leading up to it all the politicians were adamant it was the far better route,

while financial experts were either doubtful or completely scathing.

Predicting the future has always been difficult.

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

I love the posts that say "what if in?"

WE ARE IN

Paul I know you knew what I meant.

Even her madge and Phil the Greek agrees it's all going to pot.

IT MEANT IF WE STAY IN THIS EVER CHANGING THING WITH NO REAL KNOWN FUTURE DIRECTION.

I suppose DC will just carry on making things up to suit and attempt to make it sound good.

Edited by 2b cruising

As time goes on it becomes more and more unclear which way to vote for me. I was thinking that although I was unhappy with being ruled by twenty odd other nations it would probably be best to stay in due to the chaos that was bound to occur if we left. But as somebody has said ,would you join now? The definite answer to that one is no. Maybe if we left we would have better control of our borders for a start. We simply can't take any more people, there's not enough housing and the health service is near to meltdown.

Not that ive got anything against foreigners, I bet there isn't one person on here, me included who hasn't got some non English blood in them from Vikings, Saxons and Normans etc. While we have a couple of million unemployed who draw benefits and open borders for everybody to cross we will always be in a mess. That's my main gripe with the EU. Time for a change I think