79 replies to this topic

#16 theduck

theduck

Club Secretary

• Committee
  • 3,121 posts
  • Car type:Sierra S7

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

Myself, Sarah, my dad (Ken), Zach and Tesni all booked into Fairway Country Hotel

#17 Jez Morton

Jez Morton

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 975 posts
  • Car type:2B PLUS 2.0efi

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

I'm booked into Llys Olwen with my brother Andy.

#18 richyb66

richyb66

Wheely good builder!

• Area Secretary
  • 1,815 posts
  • Car type:2B wishbone 4.6 V8

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

Last weekend’s trip to Wales was excellent and having some free time yesterday afternoon gave me and Jackie the time to finalise some more details for our trip which is just 8 weeks away.

We have now booked the location for Saturday late afternoon / early evening tea and they have agreed to stay open late so we have exclusive use of the venue. They will provide a choice of main meal and dessert options together with tea and coffee for £10 per person.  The venue is the cafe at Trawsfyndd Lake and it’s perfect for our needs http://www.trawslake.com/ . There’s ample parking, plenty of outdoor seating and (hopefully it won’t be necessary) we can eat inside if we need to.

We currently have 27 people down to attend and I like to think we can get that up to at least 30. In previous years we’ve always had a bit of a dash back to Nefyn for food and I’m hoping that having this year’s venue on the return leg of the drive should make things feel a bit less rushed as we can eat between 5 and 6 and then head back to Nefyn whenever we want to.

I’d like to think that anyone not coming on the drive will still come along, the more people we can get there the better, as everyone will be involved and it will give us the chance to give our support to a worthwhile local business who are very keen to host our event. There are plenty of things to do in the local area if you don’t want to be on the drive out and I can provide more details if required.

I’ll post more information shortly but in the meantime, if there’s any questions let me know.

Warks, Worcs, W Mids area meet. Last Wednesday of the month 7PM onwards, January to November. Malt Shovel Pub, Coventry Road, Nr Stonebridge, Coventry, CV7 7HL

https://maps.google....ingdom&t=m&z=15

Entrance to pub car park is off the A452 Chester Road heading North 50 yards from the island.

#19 florin metal works

florin metal works

Hants & Dorset Area Secretary

• Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts
  • Car type:2B+

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

Hi Richard & Jackie, would you like the £20 for lake side meal sent over by pay-pal?  Looking forward to another great week-end,regards Bob & Mo.

#20 WallerZ

WallerZ

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 716 posts
  • Car type:GBS Mazda Zero V6

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

Sounds great.....except the 8 weeks....I better get this kit sorted otherwise Wales is going to be its first outing  :help:

#21 richyb66

richyb66

Wheely good builder!

• Area Secretary
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

Hi Richard & Jackie, would you like the £20 for lake side meal sent over by pay-pal?  Looking forward to another great week-end,regards Bob & Mo.

No need for anyone to pay upfront, I've paid a deposit so the venue's happy and I'll most likely pay them the balance on the day by card. I can just collect cash at some point over the weekend which will probably be easier.

Warks, Worcs, W Mids area meet. Last Wednesday of the month 7PM onwards, January to November. Malt Shovel Pub, Coventry Road, Nr Stonebridge, Coventry, CV7 7HL

Entrance to pub car park is off the A452 Chester Road heading North 50 yards from the island.

#22 kerry

kerry

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 722 posts
  • Car type:2B VXR Turbo

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

Great work, many thanks guys.

#23 unclechief

unclechief

Keith Kelly - Events Sec

• Committee
  • 1,660 posts
  • Car type:GBS ZERO Zetec Zx6r carbs 163BHP

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Me, becky, matt & jasmine are camping on the farm. Nowt to do with me I wanted b&b with nice warm bed and cooked bfast!
GBS Zero
"Likes Splatting Badger Guts onto Fellow Members"

#24 theduck

theduck

Club Secretary

• Committee
  • 3,121 posts
  • Car type:Sierra S7

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

Sure Becky will cook you breakfast, wont she?  :rofl:

#25 Matt brown

Matt brown

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 149 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood s7

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

I offered to make him breakfast to keep him happy

#26 richyb66

richyb66

Wheely good builder!

• Area Secretary
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

Can people please PM me if they have any special dietary requirements. I want to let the venue know so that they can make sure that there a good choice available for everyone.

#27 florin metal works

florin metal works

Hants & Dorset Area Secretary

• Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts
  • Car type:2B+

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Famous Grouse is a must. :good:  :friends:  :drinks:

#28 richyb66

richyb66

Wheely good builder!

• Area Secretary
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

Having seem firsthand what a faf carrying camping gear on a kit is, I'm prepared to transport any camping equipment to and from Wales to enable people to travel a bit lighter.

pm me to arrange getting it to me if you're interested.

#29 WallerZ

WallerZ

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 716 posts
  • Car type:GBS Mazda Zero V6

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

I'll drop my spare parts off at the weekend, you ok to take a spare engine and crane yeah? :p

#30 richyb66

richyb66

Wheely good builder!

• Area Secretary
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

I might organise a pre-Wales shakedown run on the last weekend this month, nothing too strenuous. Might see if any on the Leics lot want to meet and go somewhere.