Do We Need A Sperate Area For The Zero

Guest gdc

hi guys and gals

the question is , does the forum and thoes that use it need a seperate area for the zero ?

i have seen over the past months a great increase in traffic on here for the zero ,

great for gbs and the zero owners , when we had the problems with the lightweight

a seperate area was created to discuss the issues .

is it time a sep area was created for the zero .

mayby thats why us older farts are feeling left out and are posting less , cos we dont know the issues

or the answers , we with the older marks dont understand the issues so dont post anymore .

its getting boring !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys but thats how it seems .

i ant knocking the zero owners in any way , but this forum has changed in the last

few months , mayby a year .

graham

ps i have a rope and it does have a large loop in the end.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say keep it together, you dont need a special area for the zero as the Zero will become the dominant car on here as 2B production has stopped and builds are finished off. At the end of the day its club forum not a make and model forum, like they say divided we fall and all that.

Jez

Guest gixerboy600

The only comment I can really pass is that the Zero is not a 2B, Lightweight or Exmo etc, however neither were any of the aforementioned before they were introduced! But what I will say is that none the less, although the company is now GBS the zero should still be considered a hood as GBS recognises its heritage all over its own website and in talking with Richard Hall!!!!

Will non Zeroers have to learn a funny handshake to get in? And what about us Stainless Monocoquers. Do we get our own playground so we don't have to play with the rough boys with their big 2Bs.

The lightweight section really came about because the lightweight had a 'chassis rigidity spectrum disorder' which you took the lead on developing/sorting out. I think you might have imagined that the rhocar community in general would not be very interested in reading the many posts and discussions you had with other lightweighters while sorting the chassis because it didn't apply to our cars. In fact most of us read it all as it happened and followed each episode like we follow eastenders or corrie but didn't have a lot to contribute apart from encouragement. This may have given the impression of lack of interest. Far from it!

Building a zero is 90% the same as building a monocoque or 2b. Same engine/drivetrain/electrics/fittings/running gear/suspension/fueling/etc problems. Detail differences in chassis/suspension/bodywork for the different models are small beer. If there were some problems that were peculiar to the zero then sure they could have their own discussion heading for the sake of efficiently keeping the problems/solutions together. As far as I know it the least problematic car in the rhocar stable.

You might be experiencing posting fatigue. There does come a time after you've been on a board for a few years when you've seen most of the questions and answers before and interest wanes. Not helped when posters lose sight of the helpful community purpose of the forum and misbehave.

I say keep together. We're all Hoodies. So does my gran and she was right about the nits, so there.

Nigel

i think you may have missinterpreted what i ment

the zero is a great car

gbs are doing a great job

but the forum seems to be falling down .

tiggers or not i will always be a hoody .

we need to talk more .

the discusion on here has changed over the last year and i am trying to get my head

round why ? i dont think i feel i need to be more involved as i feel i have saved

the lightweight . with the redesign and 2 svas .

this is a genuine thought .

graham

Hope your knot tying is as good as your spelling GDC, & Florin's 2B aint special just different;which is the whole point of RH/GBS et al ; buy it cheaper than Caterham/Westfield & make it your own with mods/upgrades. :rolleyes:

i mentioned that rope earlier

cant breath now as its getting tighter .

this is not what i ment when i started this .

i dont want to get rid of the zero guys .

thats not the point of this .

nigel stop analizing me .i dont need help !i have tiggers to support !anyway i have pills for that .

i just feel the forum has changed and am trying to find out why ?

we used to have stupid thoughts on things ,jokes . do you remember them ?

mayby i am tired of it ?

sorry gone now , by by .

wont be back

Guest Ian & Carole

i mentioned that rope earlier

cant breath now as its getting tighter .

this is not what i ment when i started this .

i dont want to get rid of the zero guys .

thats not the point of this .

nigel stop analizing me .i dont need help !i have tiggers to support !anyway i have pills for that .

i just feel the forum has changed and am trying to find out why ?

we used to have stupid thoughts on things ,jokes . do you remember them ?

mayby i am tired of it ?

sorry gone now , by by .

wont be back

Graham don't go Tigger-Pogo.jpg will save you.

Then you can go for a Honey sandwich with Tigger-Pogo.jpg's best mate.

Love you !!!!!!! :drinks: :crazy:

Guest dinger

I think it has picked up alot recently, When I get in from work I use the " new content " button and there is always a good dozen new topics with all kinds of content,

Most posts are admitadley from Zero owners or potential owners asking questions but thats just because its the car of the moment, I did think about asking the same question as you Graham regarding a Zero related section but all it will do is seperate us further, So I vote for not having a seperate section,

And TBH if there was a Zero section I wouldnt search just in that section, I know most one make forums do have each model by section but these are usually world wide forums with thusands of members, We are small fish in a very large lake and I think we should bind together with our shared intersts.

Just out of interest, What is the "tiger owners club" like in comparison to ours? I have been on the locost builders forum but really dont like the sharpness of most members. Its not like that on here, Anyone agree?

Guest cerioli_83

Keep the forum as is.

I've only just joined this world, with a 2b, and feel people that join it should be the ones to adjust. If i change models at a later date, i don't want to have to change forums, memberships, friends and lifestyle!

Keeping together will make us stronger and lead to world domination.... Hahaha...

To be honest I thin the lightweight forum can now be scrapped. This was only added due to the major issues that occurred with this model. Otherwise we would need a sub forum for every model of car, even though half the items would apply to all the cars anyway. The more you fragment a forum, the less people will read. In fact I'm thinking of moving humour back in to chit chat as well. If anything topic prefixes for some of the forums may help, that way you could filter by a specific car.