Hollowell 7Th & 8Th July (Northampton)

richardm6994

This is a question for everyone attending Hollowell, but mainly aimed at our Events Organiser Mr.Jethro.......

I've been past the following message via my dad from Allen Eaton;

The RHOCAR stand is going to be located next to the main arena. As a "fill-in" between the main events in the arena, would the RHOCAR members be avalible to drive their cars into the arena for a "thrash about" to entertain the public?

In addition to the "thrash about", would they be able to offer rides to the public in the main arena (in exchange for a donation to the charities)?

If your not interested, it makes no difference to anything. It's just that this is the first year Hollowell has had a proper kit-car feature, and I think Allen wants to make the most of it.

Can you let me know what you think.

the ground is reasonably flat and I think a "trash about" is exactly what it says on the tin.

Insurance wise...I've not got a clue.....I'm just passing on the message! Maybe Jetho and Allen can sort out the finner details if people are up for it.

rides round the arena sound good like others say as long as its a even surface. insurance is the big question and as some of you have a hot exhaust on the passenger side how do we ensure no one burns them selves. Has anyone got any ideas we could do in the arena ???? and no Nick not a mankini

Guest MarkB

afew j turns, a couple of 180 spin parking sessions...... etc, dont think the hoods are designed for that... brings back my younger driving days when we used to practice precision driving every night... unfortunatly we didnt have the power these new fandangled drift cars have

afew j turns, a couple of 180 spin parking sessions...... etc, dont think the hoods are designed for that... brings back my younger driving days when we used to practice precision driving every night... unfortunatly we didnt have the power these new fandangled drift cars have

small auto test then that could work

I don't mind driving around the arena but IMHO it would be a bit risky if that were to progress into doughnuts etc. As Nick says, there is only lightly to be a rope stopping a member of the crowd straying out of their permitted area and the same rope is not lightly to stop a car if it makes a bid for freedom through the spectators.

Rides in cars I don't have a problem with as long as

• the contribution to the charity is totally voluntary and we are prepared to give rides to anyone who has signed a disclaimer, that way you are not being paid or accepting payment (even a donation) for a ride in the car.
  • It is not on the public roads.

To stop the burns chuck Nicks mankini over the exhaust before letting the public in or out.

I've had a chat with Mr. Jethro this afternoon and we was thinking the following;

Get some cones (or similar....Hollowell can provide) and set out in the arena and do a bit of a coarse for some precision driving.

Passenger ride could be provided, however we'll need a RHOCAR member or Hollowell marshall to "load and off-load" passengers. Also for those who have a passener side exhaust, the person loading the passengers can throw a heat-proof mat / blanket over it to prevent burns.

With regards to the field, I is reasonably flat but it is still a field.

The arena itself has two boundry ropes creatng approx 6ft distance seperating the inside of the arena and pubic. In addition it has marshalls patroling the perimete to ensure safety.

The thing to remember is that this show is now in it's 26th year and pulls in many thousands of visitors. We also do a bonfire night each November. Allen Eaton knows what he is doing and would not permit anything to happen which wasn't safe, insured or legal (no mankini Nick!!!)

Mr. Jethro is gonna have a chat with Allen and sort sommate out. Definatley gonna be a laugh!!