Midlands Run To Wales - 8Th To 10Th August 2014

richyb66

The third Midlands run out to Wales will be taking place on the second weekend in August, Friday 8th to Sunday 10th 2014. Last year’s event seems to have gone well so I’m proposing that we do something similar again this year. Destination will be near Nefyn on the Llyn Peninsula in North West Wales for some scenic driving, good natured banter and hopefully some decent weather. Accommodation can be camping or B&B depending on personal choice.

A Friday afternoon departure allows a more relaxed day out on the Saturday but as not everyone will be able to get the day off, there’s the opportunity to join us on the Saturday instead if necessary. People travelling on Friday from the central Midlands will need to allow 4 hours driving at a sensible speed (c150 miles) with a couple of stops and our driving route Saturday was around 120 miles spread out across the day:

Saturday Drive

Saturday night I’ll hopefully do another BBQ at my house depending on numbers (limited parking). Sunday will be a leisurely drive home with maybe a stop off somewhere like Portmeirion if people want to.

At the moment I just want to gauge some interest and get a rough idea of numbers – I’ll be there anyway so even if it’s just me and one other person in their tin top it’ll be on. There’s a bit of follow up from last year’s event here:

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=37392&hl=

I'll post up more details regarding accommodation later but in the meantime if there’s any questions, just ask.

ATTENDANCE LIST.

richyb66

TERFYN B &B (Now fully booked)

Andi

Jez Morton

Kerry

unclechief (Keith)

LLYS OLWEN GUEST HOUSE

Bob and Sylvia

Thrashed (Steve)

RedTrev (Trevor)

GRAEANFRYN FARM

Martin T, Isabell & Karen

JOINING US ON SATURDAY

knownothing (Rich)

Edited by richyb66

We were only talking about this at the weekend! We will definitely be there.

Edit: just to add that as we will most likely be going down for a week, regardless of the kit car situation we will be taking the X5 as well, so if anyone needs anything taking down, we will have some room.

Edited by theduck

Interested in this trip, Richard. Will it be a circular tour on Saturday so we don't have to pull the t/tent?

Yes, start and finish at the same place. The route should also allow people to join us part way around the route if they want to.

Right here's the information regarding accommodation, these are all within about a mile radius of Nefyn which means we’re going to be a bit spread out but this wasn’t a massive problem last year. I don’t have room rates for all of them but I expect they’ll be broadly similar.

Terfyn B and B (Now fully booked)

Lon Terfyn

Morfa Nefyn

LL53 6BA

01758 721332 http://www.terfynbedandbreakfast.com/ Adult £30-00

This was a popular choice last year and the rooms went quickly.

LLys Olwen Guest House

Lon Tan Y Bryn

Morfa Nefyn

LL53 6BT

01758 720493 http://llysolwen.co.uk/ Adult £34-50

Glascoed B and B

Lon Uchaf

Morfa Nefyn

LL53 6AL

01758 720151

Graeanfryn Farm B and B and Camping

Morfa Nefyn

LL53 6YQ

01758 720455

For camping, as well as Graenfryn Farm, there’s a couple of additional options, the first was the site suggest last year (but not actually used). This is in a great spot but access to the lower camping field may be difficult due to ground clearance issues so it’s probably worth asking the question if they plan on using the lower field. The owner is very helpful and can accommodate most needs. The location is just a couple of minutes drive from Nefyn literally at the bottom of my road.

Penisarlon Farm

Pistyll

Nefyn

LL53 6LR

01758 721553 http://www.penisarlonfarm.co.uk/home

Second option is a bit closer to Nefyn, no website and it’s fairly small site but it’s very popular for camping and gets good reviews:

Wern Caravan Park

Pistyll

Nefyn

LL53 6LN

01758 720432

I’ll obviously be staying under my own roof again so it’s really down to wherever people want to stay. It might not be necessary to pre-book the camping but with it being school holidays, if the weather is decent, it could get busy and will also save some hassle arriving on Friday night. Last year people booked their accommodation and posted in this thread, I then updated the attendance list in the first post.

Edited by richyb66