Hi From A Complete N00B

Guest b3nny

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at richyb pic of robin hood locost chassis the rool bar on the one you are looking at is a different shape so unless the builder has made his own and cut of the robin hood one it aint that chassis

Guest JammyJim

When I had my 2b tested the tester said I could register and call it what I liked. But I would certainly listen to advise on here these guy's know their stuff.

I think it looks like a luego Velocity, or at least the rollbar and fibreglass do, as for registering, you can call it whatever you like,

I know GBSC did a iva for a guy and called it a gbs something , all legit

but if original builder has used a rh receipt,from abandoned build, plenty about, and some are horror stories on there own, and maybe made own lowcost chassi as long as been through sva then no worries,

if sva certificate there, and every Mot , is there any build pics to back up history, also try and contact any previous owners, but if paper work is in order and mot says yes, (you could also ask if you can have it inspected at dif garage and mot done)

Mitch

Guest b3nny

I really can't thank you enough, I had my heart set on this car I sold my Honda fireblade in a rush to not miss out on this car then to hear all the comments really put a downer on things.

You will indeed see me at some meets etc.... I have already been reserching and have a few mods in mind.

Great forum!

I really can't thank you enough, I had my heart set on this car I sold my Honda fireblade in a rush to not miss out on this car then to hear all the comments really put a downer on things.

You will indeed see me at some meets etc.... I have already been reserching and have a few mods in mind.

Great forum!

Just looking out for you mate. There's far too many Ringers / Dodgy motors about and just lately they seem to be on the increase.

We do our utmost on here to weed them out and protect potential purchasers. :angel:

Welcome to the club and look forward to meeting you.

Happy it has made you look deeper and are happy with the car you are buying. Sorry if the club put you on a bit of a downer with what you are buying but we have seen some very dodgy motors on ebay and dont want innocent people to fall foul of them. look forward to meeting up in the future. One last thing take your time for the first month dont do what some of us have done and get over confident and then bend your new toy. Happy motoring

Hi b3nny,

I'm really please this has worked out for you and look forward to seeing you and the car at the shows.

I think it's worth mentioning that everyone's comments were an honest genuine interpretation of the information at hand. I also believed like everyone else that this car was 'dodgy' and I thank rob (cma) for getting to the bottom of all this. Great club, helpful members and proud to be part of it!!!

Guest b3nny

It was worth the digging around I feel I hsdcmy heart set on the car and didn't want to back out without a definite answer, if I hadn't come on the forum I would have just bought it anyway, not that it matters now but at least I know for sure and am 100% now.

Weather looks good for the 140 mile trip hone on Saturday to!

Guest b3nny

Indeed have a lid for the Mrs as well, I did wonder what I was going to do about motorway driving without a screen then thought a lid is the obvious choice!

That's a fair point steamer, I never once thought though that any one was trying to make things difficult, it was honest advice which could have saved me a lot of money!

Hi Benny that's a great result.

As stated previously, the early indications were worrying, & all our

comments were to help avoid you being stung.

The £15 membership fee looks like a bargain now dunnit?

Again, PLEASE be careful with the 888s they need to be warm/hot to work at all well.

Edited by Bob Tucker

Wanted to add the possibility that it was the lolocost round tube 'book' chassis that RH produced under the lolocost brand, but the thread was closed before i got to it. Think someone else mentioned that as well earlier. Should be a nice car i remember seeing the chassis in the RH brochure (it was the RH brochure/magazine with RH products the one side and lolocost the other). I liked the look of the round tubing (a bit like the 2b) but with the IRS. Be interesting to see the chassis torque specs. I read an article once that round tubing is better overall for chassis as it is strong in all directions unlike box which is stronger in certain planes (not the flying kind before anyone picks up on that, but the X,Y,Z type) but not in others.

Have fun :)