Donnington Show

philshelton

Hi Phil

Good idea as the car build was bloody good fun last year.

This year perhaps keep it relatively simple?

How about doing a complete engine rebuild and tart up over the weekend. Finished engine to be raffled off over the weekend or in conjunction with CKC mag and all proceeds of the raffle going to charity?

Obviously for this we would need a donated engine (probably 2.0l pinto?) and try to blag all engine parts including rings, shells, seals gaskets etc

Just my thoughts. I'm sure there will be plenty of others offering theirs shortly, so want to hear what input we get. What ever we do we definately need a detailed roster of who will be doing what over the weekend to avoid disappointed bunnies again..

Looking forward to another cracker....

How about buying an unfinished 2B off Ebay, one of the ones that's 95% complete and only needs a couple of weekends work.

We could buy that, finish it off and then raffle it off.

Only joking.

What about getting one of our "longer term " builders who's nearly there but struggling to finish their car off and doing it for them.

Edited by richyb66

Any one in mind Richy

Sorry to jump in as I realise the question was aimed at rich....but I know Dave ed's Exmo needs finishing and there isn't a huge amount needed;

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=39031#entry302385

Also I believe it's already registered so no Iva, just tax and mot....

Even if we work on the car for the weekend and it doesn’t get completed, it’s a good start and motivation to get it finished after the show.

From my PM’s with Dave a couple of months ago, to get the car through an MOT and back on the road it needs;

The rewire of the car needs completing - Dave has a vicky green loom to be fitted

The washer pump didn't work but Dave has a replacement bottle and pump to be fitted

The rear brake lines were loose but Dave thinks a p-clip will fix that but he also has some replacement brake lines and complete rear brake overhaul kit.

Complete the tie bar mod – I’ve made Dave everything for this, it just needs fitting.

Make up and wire the dashboard. - for the dash he has mgb gauges and also a set of capri clocks with a bit of loom, Dave doesn’t mind which is fitted as he’s tempted to strip it out at a later date and fit etb gauges once the car is on the road.

Fit a steering bush to the column – the one that goes through the firewall.

Strengthen the floor for the seats as it's only the sheet flooring

Re carpet the car – Dave has a whole roll of carpet.

Fit a heater and vents – Dave has the sierra fan modified to fit in a mini heater which several members have done, he also has some vents for the windscreen but will need piping etc.

Get engine running properly again, it's not run in 4 years now (Pinto engine I believe)

Strengthen the rear brackets for the coil overs on the back or fabricate new ones for the adjustable coilovers Dave has.

Dave has loads of extra bits such as modified shortened sump and better coilovers for the rear. A starter button kit for the dash, new alloys but need new studs fitting, Dave has the studs but not the nuts yet. Rear brake shoes cylinders and springs etc.

Dave has said he has pretty much everything to complete the car…are some more over……

So what do we think? I’ve PM’d Dave to draw his attention to this topic…

Edited by steamer

Guest whiz

I've got a great idea for a conversion to do at the show. get a hold of a psychotherapist chair and get all the community users that turn up at the show sit them down and convert them to full members LOL

I've got a great idea for a conversion to do at the show. get a hold of a psychotherapist chair and get all the community users that turn up at the show sit them down and convert them to full members LOL

Ah back to Simon's Tesla ball idea than? :)

Guest red-col

hi all loved seeing last years project, i do have a zetec engine i could donate if it is wanted was running but removed due to oil from 2 ports, prob valve seals,

M