Chris Evans It Is Then

Guest Ian & Carole

Guest Ian & Carole

Lets run a book

1st guess there WILL be a female, Jodie Kidd or VBH

2nd guess Tiff Needell , who I still think was Ben Collins's replacement as white Stig, after he blew his cover and wrote that brilliant book.

NEXT ..........................

Don't like Tiff or VBH - Jodie Kidd would be good. Third member should be Tom Ford - writes for TG mag and is a great presenter (he used to do Fifth Gear).

Strange that the article doesn't even suggest there will be others? Chris Evans is ok but he is too conservative - he'll never be prepared to say what everyone thinks which is what made JC so great. It'll just be a dull old car show...

The ginger whinger leads top gear. Just need a black wheelchair bound man and a lesbian female non driver to give a diversity balance that will send the management into an ecstasy of self congratulation and show they truly understood what made top gear watch-able.

Nigel

• Like 3

Guest 2b cruising

The ginger whinger leads top gear. Just need a black wheelchair bound man and a lesbian female non driver to give a diversity balance that will send the management into an ecstasy of self congratulation and show they truly understood what made top gear watch-able.

Nigel

What, yet another gay for the BBC.

Not against them at all but I do like fair play.

The percentage of gays at the Beeb far outweighs the national average.

Give the straits a fair deal.

Rant over.

I read somewhere that the show was being planned around different famous enough presenters each week with the rest of the team being fixed.

No to Needel or anyone from 5th gear. The programme would go stale half way through the first episode.

I'm sure Chris will do a good job and has already got other people in mind to join him.

Edited by 2b cruising

Considering that Chris will also still be doing the radio show....he will be based in the studios a lot.

Meaning a more chat show hosting type format for Chris.

Next they will have to introduce another other famous star to keep the chavs interested and has an outspoken opinion, but also needs to travel and have no long term contracts restricting him to the studio.

and finally a ex-racing/rally/driver/biker....who knows how to race cars and review them and provide an opinion (example...Guy Martin).

They will still keep with the same tried and tested format, but remove the expensive travelling from A to B via car and trying to get killed documentary style specials

Things that will probably stay and Chris will host:

Star in a car

Car News

Occasional classic car review.

Things for Guy Martin:

Travelling

Record attempts

Bizarre vehicles.

Racing

The third presenter maybe (Dermot O'Leary) or a sports personality, reality TV star or a nobody and put out to the vote like they did with Richard Hammond.

I would rule out the popular Philip Glenister unless they poach him from channel 4/ ITV for more money, as he already hosts a car show and has a TV contract for a drama.

I imagine Chris will have a little input on who he wants helping him out and he knows a lot of famous people.

I will more than likely watch it, unless they pick a presenter or change the format so dramatically that I cannot stand it.

Edited by Dino

Guest Ian & Carole

As much as I like Guy he doesn't have the right personality to do a studio show, he hates media coverage, at Olivers Mount this year he said he would only appear and ride as long as they provided him with a secluded quiet area away from every thing or he would not turn up, he really hates being in the spot light.

He is OK being watched doing stuff but hates being interviewed.

He is already making noises that this will be his last year riding bikes and is moving to off road push bikes.

He want to spend more time at home "Mending trucks" which he says is his "proper job"

Edited by Ian & Carole