Very Sad 2.1 Pinto

Guest jimmytwobikes

Guest lotusPaul

Jimmy..just a thought, can you not just use the good valves and rocker from one of your now many heads? I have a digital micrometer if you need to measure

Guest jimmytwobikes

Now got the P100 Pinto in my 2B, Just. Need to fit the starter, alternator etc, sort out a radiator, with a bit of luck it will be running next weekend!!

Got a track day booked at Abingdon on the 14th, so hopefully it will be ready for then, if not i still have the MX5, not quite the same though!!! I want my 2B on the road!!!

Guest jimmytwobikes

Engine in and running, however cannot get it to idle, also seems to have constant misfire, gonna get a compression test done today if i can find my tester!

Guest mcramsay

If the engine was running before you removed it from the p100 and you have just swapped it into your car there is no need for a compression test. As above, plugs leads and ignition timing. And vaccum hose on the dizzy

Guest jimmytwobikes

the dizzy on the p100 was electronic ignition and my 2B is wired for cb points. so i swapped dizzies, i also swapped inlet manifolds and carbs, 'cos the standard p100 carb was one of those with a vacuum slider, so i put my twin choke weber on it. and therein i think lies the problem, this carb was on my original engine which had a high llift cam in it. so i reckon it is jetted wrong!!