O M G !

tractor

Chris, wait until you've got it on the rolling road. I've got exactly the same problem with bike carbs on my pinto (it has a forward facing plenum). When I went to Steve Walfords he found that the low end mixture was too weak and was not burning properly and was coming out of the exhaust. I have bought new idle jets on his recommendation to see if this will cure it, but yet to fit them. Good luck with the RR!

Guest lotusPaul

been out for a good run this afternoon and all i can taste is fuel the air filter was restricting air flow but it was also stopping the stink of fuel coming back out

That will be due to the negative pressure waves forcing the fuel to atmosphere, as you drive its essentially pushing it, the air fuel mix, into external air flow. That's why you can taste it.

As a point of reference you should aim to use a filter 25mm clear of any carb/ ITB rampipes.this should give plenty of clearance.

Piper cross do an air box too, my elan had one although a lotus issue one, many tuners said they were poor as all the air pressure went to the rear and NO1 cylinder runs lean.

I now run jenvey ITBs with massive 100mm K&N and 75mm ram pipes inside.

Longer ram pipes induce torque at low revs

had to open the jets out quite a bit on mine as it needed to be richer think its was around the 180 mark but we run completely different carbs.

The difference in power is stupid, was happy before but quite scared now! I know people always bleat on about getting the car rolling roaded, I was one of those that always thought it cant make that much difference but trust me it does. Only increase the BHP from first to last run by about 10BHP but the delivery of power makes a phenomenal difference and its constant. lots of smiles!

PS-Looks like I am logged in a becky!!!

Edited by rebeccakelly2009
  • Like 1

Guest lotusPaul

Running something like emeralds k3/k6 with a wide band 02 is a good tuning tool as long as its set up well from the off. I know not everyone runs complex electronic systems but there are some excellent, fast acting stand alone 02 readers that can be installed and displayed on funktastic modern dials. These aren't that pricey either these days and end user friendly.

Yes rolling roads are well worth it. It's not the peak power but the spread of torque that makes a quick car.