Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

funny i just got letter from pickles saying there "no longer transacting this type of business" and wont be offering a quote , mmmm me thinks my irate fone call about them charging me 45 quid when i moved as blacklisted me, so as always be very wary looks like they all piss in same pot when you upset them !!!!!

just had a chat , after a lot of ermms and arrrs its the area, brand new estate where tintops and house both went down considrably. wont give new quote, lol, ill stop there ,,,, dont want my money, no problems others will lol ,

Mitch

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest alexpink

DeanRudkin, any chance you could post the price you got, if any? I'm only 18 and while my S7 won't be finished before I'm 19 I'm still interested in prices for younger people!

DeanRudkin, any chance you could post the price you got, if any? I'm only 18 and while my S7 won't be finished before I'm 19 I'm still interested in prices for younger people!

Alex, I was 21 when I took my policy out with Crossby Insurance. £486 parts only with 9,000 miles a year. It is registered down in Wiltshire so lower rate postcode and garage stored. Need to update it to Coventry soon but imagine a hike in price for that. Adrian Flux and A-Plan wouldn't insure me until I was 25 or had 1 years driving experience with a similar car (they suggested a BMW Z4.....) Crossby aren't too bad but fairly cheap for what I was expecting to pay!

Guest mower man

Alex we spoke at the show yesterday , I insure with F .Pickles and have never paid more than 150 quid ,ok I'm a millenium older but would try to speak to Pickles , Iv'e never had a bad quote from them on parts only it came down to £92 !! its worh a phone call but give them every detail possible , good luck mowerman [ mick] :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aidankinnell

Just insured with Highways via A-Plan for £196 fully comp. Policy was £146 plus admin and legal cover etc. Covers me for 4,000 miles but no breakdown.

This is down from £280 last year and £40 lower than their attempted renewel. On that, A Plan just tried renewing with the same underwriter and slapped on a admin fee so watch out.

Pickles number was disconnected when I rang.

Flux didn't answer so I tried their call back service. They called back late and in that time A Plan had hit my target (sub £200). The call back when it came was just an auto ring through to their reception desk, not very personal.

• 6 months later...
Guest Howtightpet

Old pinned post. But I have just had a renewal from Aplan price was good £122 fully comp 70p cheaper than last year but I siad I was going to wrap car and they said OH we will need to speak to markerstudy and get a re quote .

so they have come back and said they now want £150

As its a modification from standard. What the hell is standard in a kit car ??

Has anyone else come across this or does anyone have another insurance company to try Pickles not taking on new business now.

Alan

Had a renewal quote from Adrian Flux of £132 fully comp limited to 3000 miles with legal cover included.

I rang A Plan after seeing posts they gave me a quote for £108 for same cover but with an agreed value of £10,000, they wanted another £15 for legal cover = £123.

l rang Adrian Flux told the I wanted to cancel the policy. They asked why etc. They then quoted £107 fully comp,

limited to 3000 miles, including legal cover and an agreed value of £10,000. It pays to get a second quote.

Thanks for A Plan post made me have a look and I got better insurance cover for £25 less. £107 Adrian Flux!!

Edited by ac01