****stolen Subaru Impreza***

theduck

My mate and I had Imprezas back in the late 90's. He used to keep his on the drive. Was woken up several times over the course of ownership to men blatantly attempt to steal it and, when challenged, they simply told him to "stay the *bleep* where you are and you won't get hurt" while they took it away. Eventually it got nicked from his gym, involved in a high-speed police chase and written off (sorry Stu, that's not making you feel any better is it!).

I think my point is, and I know this isn't helping right now but maybe for when you get it back, when I had mine it went straight in the garage when I got home. I never left it out on display. I used to watch my tail about 2 miles before getting home and if I thought I was being followed, I'd do a little "long" route to see if they were still there and if so, at least I had the ability to lose them :D. It was naturally alarmed and tracker'd. It was a total ballache; I waited 9 months for it and got shot of it 8 months after collection... but thankfully never had any issues myself.

Sorry Stu, not trying to get you down (honest!), just telling you my experiences of Subaru ownership! Fingers crossed you'll get it back unmutilated... or not at all (which sounds harsh but sometimes I feel it's for the best both financially/insurance-wise but also personally)... not meant in a harsh way Stu, I know you know me, you know what I mean ;)

What utter scum bags. I'm sorry to hear what's happened.

You say they broke into your house and stole the keys....fightening but all too common. Yesterday I changed the euro cyclinder door locks in my house to a more secure version after seeing a video on youtube about 'bump keys'. Scumbags are breaking into houses with standard euro locks (the ones found in upvc doors) and it's fightening how quietly and in under 30 seconds they can unlock the door...and without breaking anything!!

Steamer: its bumping that got them into our house, new anti bump locks being fitted

Brumster: if it comes back, its being sold.

AlfaGTA: not really, the colour as you say is rare though so should help identifying parts that come up.

Richy: no warning from daisy, though I think we were woken by them but not enough to realise anyone was in th house, problem with three storey house I suppose. We actually heard it being floored down the Bristol road (not unusual for us to hear cars and bikes racing at night), didnt realise it was mine at that point though and then minutes later found the front door open and it was gone.

The amount of ANPR cameras out there, there must be a good chance unless they swapped the plates pronto. A mate of mine had his plates stolen off his car, over the next few days he was pulled constantly by unmarked cars, one of them showed him where it had "pinged" - he said it was incredible the detail, loads of points along routes he'd travelled, you could follow his travel pretty easily.

Knowing this, maybe the little bastidges swapped the plates rather quickly, otherwise it would seem you're going to get found/tracked pretty easily.