Donnington Show

philshelton

Hi Steamer.

I'd be very interested in the Rhocar community showcasing their expertise at the Donnington show and using my car.

I'd love to get the Exmo finished, I'm deployed out of the country again in September for another 4 months and it looks like my job will be delaying the completion for yet another year. :(

As you already have mentioned I've pretty much got all the bits to finish my 7 year rebuild I just need to get it done.

The tie bar mod is completed and I'm in the process of fitting in the loom and making the best of the original sierra loom and a 2nd hand VG loom.

As you said it's then a few nif naf bits for the mot,but more work required to actually get it to a satisfactory completion.

Dave

On a serious note I do have an engine swap to do. Block sitting there with new piston rings fitted and a brand new head to go on. One pinto out swap ancilliaries or scrounge new and one in. Was going to do it over winter but if need something to do engine wise happy for you guys to play. not too big a challenge!

It has been Decided that we will finish the rebuild on David Edwards car. he started to strip and rebuild his exmo 7 years ago but with his job sending him overseas he has never got it finished. Hopefully David will post a bit more detail on what has to be done and his situation.

What we do need now is volunteers to do the work so come on guys and girls whos up for a bit of fun at Donnington this year

I feel completely elated. I can't wait to meet all of you and get my car further on from where it currently is.

I'm going to update my garage and get some pics up so you can see how far along I am.

I've got most of the bits to finish the build, I think. Just not the time.

Quick overview, it's a pre sva, correctly registered exmo I bought it 8 years ago and ran it for a year and then took if off the road for a respray.

It's mainly rebuilt but needs carpet, dash and some tidying up. She was running 4 years ago but she just won't start now no matter what I try. I'm hoping it's just a kinked fuel pipe.

Pics to follow once I get a chance to get to the puter.