Mot At Last!

cb750

After a never ending rebuild and with the car fighting every step of the way I got it MOT'd today and taxed this afternoon. Bought it with the intention of cleaning the engine bay and putting a new interior in it but we soon realised how badly built and maintained the car actually was. So we decided to strip it completely down and start again! Still needs some finishing work done to it including making a boot lid and refinishing the stainless panel-work which is driving Marg mad!

Even though its a short distance to the MOT garage I was really impressed with the ride and steering. The non-servo brakes worked well with a bit more of a heavy foot.

Posted a few photos to give an idea of the build, may be able to put a few more up when I've taken some outside

Rob

ipadpictureimport111113116_zps6a9f50c2.jpg

imagejpg1_zps07ef26c9.jpg

imagejpg1_zps06263141.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsn9begmso.jpg

142_zps5yo0ngyh.jpg

119_zpsc4rxzphv.jpg

125_zpssi98eody.jpg

151_zpstkh4wzmc.jpg

166_zps5lfiiebi.jpg

002%202_zpsvgajub2i.jpg

Tractor, I didn't make the plenum. I was told it was originally off one of the Nissan sports cars and has been fitted with a 6mm aluminium flat adaptor plate cut and drilled to take the carb intakes. I altered the hole sizes and mounted it to the carbs differently. Longer bolts now mount the plate to the original carb screw holes and I have put gaskets between the carbs to plate and the plate to plenum cover surfaces. I cut off all the surplus lugs that were on the plenum and sanded them smooth, the intake bore was only about 65mm diameter so I cut that off and had a piece of 80 mm welded on into its place. This was welded at a slight angle to clear the fuse/relay box.

I have also drilled access holes in the plate to get to the balance screws (you have to take the plenum cover off the plate first but this also allows you to balance using a synchrometer). I now need to look at bringing in cooler air from the bonnet side.

The extra weight of the plenum hasn't caused any issues yet but I am using the original bike rubbers and Honda clips. If I have a problem in the future I will bracket it back to the engine.

Guest kevinflyingpeanut

Cb750 your fuse box is an inspiration,(looks like you may have some panel experience judging by the number rings) great pic of head in footwell a position most have ended up in at some time.

Thanks for all the comments. Kevin, in the dim and distant past I was in electronics and heat treatment instrument maintenance and occasionally built control panels which has come in handy!