No Hard Feelings

Guest Radders

Guest Radders

hi everyone,

My post within Robin Hood bad press has gone down like a lead balloon! So I take the opportunity to put a few things to rest. Firstly, I have two children under 5 that go to school right next to a busy road so I am more than aware of the dangers of careless driving and speeding. Secondly I reiterate...I have a clean license and I very rarely go over a speed limit in any zone. On the said day I was driving around, having fun and minding my own business when the Golf R came blasting up behind me, goading me...I bit and a very short spell of spirited driving ensued. As far as the 'drag race' is concerned I coloured the story a little for some drama to illicit a few smiles? I was naive in this judgement and I truly wish I'd kept the story to myself. This took place on an isolated section of dual carriageway with barely a car around and 20ft high grass banking either side, at least half a mile away from the nearest built up area. There wasn't a soul in site nor could have been. This post is not an attempt to justify my previous post but merely to let people know I am not some unbalanced loon who goes around racing everything that moves and never have been. I. Have offended you then please do accept my apologies and going forward I will not post any more. I bid you good day.

sorry you feel this way about the forum a can assure you that I was not offended by your original post and I suspect 99.9 percent of the users of this forum weren't either it would be a great shame to loose a member

Agree with the others, you're not the 1st and won't be the last. Good on you for this post though.

As I was the 1st to pick you up on your post (I'm a Moderator so goes with the territory) I'll just clarify my reply was merely to advise this is a "Public Forum" and not the ideal place for such admission.

Take it on the chin, as you appear to have done now, and carry on. This really is a good club.

• Like 1

No hard feelings here either, in fact lesson learned, every day is a school day as they say.

As my comments have ruffled a few feathers amongst the members I've asked for a moderator to remove them in the interest of forum harmony.

• Like 2

Radders,

Thank you for taking the time to post this topic. I for one was not offended by you, and my post (like others) was a suggestion that what you'd wrote may not have been in your best interests as other 3rd parties watch what goes on in this forum - as unclechief puts it "just looking out for a fellow hoodie!"

For anyone else wanting to use this topic to inflame the situation all over again, I'm simply removing the posts as soon as I see it.

• Like 8