I know a lot of people will start taking their cars off the road soon. So what are you doing for your winter project, upgrades or modifications?

I will start;

1. Replace sump

2. Fit nitrous kit

3. Fit ME100 ECU

4. Repair trailer tent and fit tow hitch

• Like 1

Try and replace all coilovers but my sister in law decided to convert her garage (which I did all my dash work last year in) into a work studio.

So will have to do any work outside on driveway but not sure how easy it will be, is it a job that can be done outside?

Oh and try and learn to weld!!

Edited by geordie40

25 minutes ago, geordie40 said:

Try and replace all coilovers but my sister in law decided to convert her garage (which I did all my dash work last year in) into a work studio.

So will have to do any work outside on driveway but not sure how easy it will be, is it a job that can be done outside?

Oh and try and learn to weld!!

Well thats just rude of her, does she not know that kit cars are never finished

9 hours ago, deano266 said:

Well thats just rude of her, does she not know that kit cars are never finished

That's exactly what I said 😁

• Like 1

Some non-essential "like to do's" but I doubt realistically I'll get time :

• Pull front suspension off and get the wishbones ceramic coated
  • Install the 3J diff
  • Pull the gearbox and rebuild it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brumster said:

Some non-essential "like to do's" but I doubt realistically I'll get time :

• Pull front suspension off and get the wishbones ceramic coated
  • Install the 3J diff
  • Pull the gearbox and rebuild it

Is the gearbox still holding on? 🤣

Will give Florin a wipe over with a damp rag, check oil,water & tyres & leave ready for some fine winter's day motoring.  She's still burning oil but that's still affordable & I can still  :good: see whose following.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thrashed said:

Is the gearbox still holding on? 🤣

It's clinging on by the edge of it's synchros :D 😂

• Haha 1

1. Find the source of the rattle on the front right.

2. sort the intermittent misfire issue.

3. slightly increase the bend angle on the drivers wiper.

4. Find and fix the battery warning light issue which I’ve had for 3000 miles now. 

Well I’ve just made all new alloy panels to cover the trans tunnel and re covered them in nice new leather. Fitted new gaiters to handbrake and gear lever. 

Next jobs: 

1: replace exhaust sleeve. Mine is dented. I removed the exhaust and stripped it tonight, new sleeve to be ordered tomorrow. 

2: remove the rocker cover and spray it white. 

3: paint the brake callipers to a decent standard. Paint the unswept area of the disks too. 

4: Carbotech brake pads.

5: nose cone and arches re wrapped. 

6: fit the boot cover properly.

7: new seats and belts.

8: finish fabricating an alloy header tank and swirl pot. Relocate the filler cap. Fab and fit expansion tank. 

9: fit the fuel filler in the boot facing up so I can get fuel in the bugger!!

10: new fuel lines. 

11: paint the wheels black. 

12: some viper stripes. 

• Thanks 1

Winter to do list
Finish rebuild on spare engine
Fit bike carbs
Fit new engine
Modify And fit new gearbox mount
Remove seats and relocate seatbelt mounts
Fit new seatbelts
Fit new carpet.
Modify handbrake lever mount to lower the front of the lever
Make new steering cowl
Modify steering boss and fit new wheel
Repair rear subframe to floor mounts
Tidy wiring behind dash and recover dash
Fit a rear fog light
Repaint panels
All to be done without the aid of a garage and without having the car off the road for more than three consecutive days

Hi Alan,

Which gearbox mount are you using, I always think I mine is too soft. 

I am going to make my own as the ones I have seen seem to be way too expensive for what they are, will probably end up making a couple try them out and then modify out any problems . It will be much stiffer than the standard but I don't know how stiff I can go before noise and vibration become a problem.