Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

• 4 weeks later...

Right, quick update.

- The garage is cleared enough to be worked in!

- I bought a caterham heat shield for the exhaust which fits but needs tweaking to get it sat right.

- I sold all 12 of my wheels and so the kit is on stands and the ones I was intending to fit had too high an offset and so went back

- I have ordered tyres (195/50r15 PE2s)

- I am ordering Team Dynamics Prorace 1.2 15x7 wheels Monday finished in, well, see below:

ScreenShot2014-02-08at174238.png

• Like 2

New shiney trinket for the car, sparco quick release steering wheel boss

C353AE88-A434-4C6E-AE2A-CF42C34CCB9E.jpg

Very impressed with it, has 8 bearings set in group of 5 and group of 3 so you cannot misalign the wheel and also the way it releases by pulling the purple sleeve and pushing the silver button so you can't accidentally release.

Also got another item on the way which hopefully will make for a very neat addition to the car, if I can make it fit!

• 2 weeks later...

Another update on monies spent (I know, I know! I promise tomorrow will bring updates of progress!)

I bought these 4 lovely pieces of GRP from Richard Stewart:

_58.jpg

Which go together a bit like this:

_58-5.jpg

and will eventually form the outer edges of my boot cover!

Have had a quick look and I think it will be a really nice fit to the car as long as I don't make a complete hash of cutting the holes required to go around the roll bar!

Managed to get a bit of time in the garage, not long, but enough to start ticking things off the list!

First up I fitted the sparco quick release steering wheel boss, which I have to say is an awesome bit of kit, very happy with it!

AFB6B9F7-82AC-4B40-AB7E-BDBF790C4C5A.jpg

Finally got a bit the right size for cutting the holes in my cycle wings to allow me to fit the side repeaters, trial fitted and now ready to paint the cycle wings

FFDCA967-9757-4308-9CEC-B400C6FE291F.jpg

Also did some work tidying up the wiring to the headlights and running the cables for the side repeaters, the blue electrical tape will need to be changed at some point as will the terminal block it is currently doing a poor job of hiding, I did it to see how it would look and I'm not sure. How do people normally cover/hide the cables to the side repeaters in the cycle wing??

1F54AAFF-0F05-4214-A3E8-F55D5EE9A2D7.jpg

Just to add that the wiring to the cycle wing isn't attached yet and so won't sit how it is in the photo at the moment.

Err what can you say, we'll have a chat at the club meet on Wednesday if your there. I'll attempt to impart some of my wiring expertise if you want ;-).

Jez

Lol, thanks Jez. I had seen someone do something similar which is why I tried it. I deliberately used the blue because I knew if it looked ok in the blue then doing it in black would be absolutely fine. Obviously the blue looks god awful and so I know I need to go a different route.

Oh and the terminal blocks will all be removed once I know everything is right!

Richard, I had considered doing that but didn't think it would look right, though it looks ok there, may go try it...

Edit to add:

Better?

7031469A-628F-4178-968B-B40767C7A683.jpg

2AE5B603-7728-4E1A-8BB1-B3B3AD7991E4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...