Congratulations To Lewis Hamilton

Guest Ian Maycock

Guest Ian & Carole

Must have been the best "Start" of his career, truly amazing drag from the line into 1st corner, job done, shame Nico wasn't able to take the race to him but 11 wins speak for them selves. :clapping: :drinks: :drinks:

Made my day. He is a worthy winner, would have been wrong if he had lost due to the double points score after winning 11 races. Roseberg was gracious in defeat too, must have been hard to give that post race interview. Next season should be a cracker

I don't normally watch F1 but this was on yesterday while I was having lunch. I found it so boring I actually couldn't wait to get back to glossing 5 doors.

I did see 2 programs on BBC4 last night though, One about Hunt vs Lauda in '76 and the other about Jim Clarke - proper exciting stuff. Obviously no-one wants to see a return to the times when there were several fatalities a season but for me I think they could no with making the cars a bit simpler to make the racing a bit more exciting.

Guest Ian & Carole

Call me old fashioned if you like, and as much as I appreciate the modern F1 car is a "prototype and test bed" for our cars of the future, I would love to see the cars with three pedals and a gear leaver.

Fantastic pics. last night of the "team" photo.

How many peeps does it take to keep two cars on the track, and I wonder how many more are left back at the factory, just imagine if Bernie gets his wish and they are forced to go to three car teams.

Edited by Ian & Carole

sorry but i find F1 as dull as dish water unless it rains unexpectedly. But i am quite keen to see Formula E as iam a fan of electric cars and could potentially see some real world benefits.

After watching a program about the potential 2Billion bernie owes HMRC i do not wish to do anything that funds that vile little man. How you can get off bribery charges by paying a fee to the German government is the most ironic thing i've seen in my life.

Missed the race (was at the local hospice).

It was good to see both drivers finally being adult (and the best driver in the best car did win).

But I agree with agent zed, to pay a fee to avoid a bribery charge, that is ironic and how can it be right??

Still, money speaks I guess.........

Not saying its right, but Bernie is a genius at playing exactly by the rules.

The fee wasnt something Bernie offered, it was already within the German legal system.

Anyone else remember the £1m he gave to the Government, only to have it returned

with far more publicity than he would otherwise have got?