No More Hollowell

richardm6994

Don't understand how they can be so accommodating and give us the award For best club every year and then tell us to p155 off! Not only that but to not let us hold the national meet there after confirming the dates is as out of order as they (he) can be. need to look for other events and ask if we can attend and try and get some of that empty space in the calender filled.

Edited by unclechief

Grrrr.....disappointing :80:.

But then again their loss and we can now look towards to getting a better venue, with the best crowd, best organ grinders.

After all it's not the place that makes the event, it's the organisers, the hoods and the beer :)

+5 for Ian & Carol's suggestion

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

email of disgust sent to the steam show committee as a whole. Please follow it up with your own and spread to other groups.

With enough support, Eaton could be ousted.

Posted a question on their Facebook site, no profanities just simply asked why has the car club stand that has been voted best for past 2 years and one of the biggest contributors to helping out not been invited for 2015?.....2 hrs later my post removed and I've been blocked... nice!!!

Definately better off elsewhere IMHO...

It's not the venue that makes the weekend it's the people....

Edited by tazzzzman1
  • Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

I got a return email asking who I was and they could not understand what I was on about. That was followed by another asking if I belonged to a car club trying to organise my own show.

Both of these replies were from Jane eaton.

She seems quite up her own bum. I wonder who says what is what in there home.

Will answer both emails later tomorrow.

I wouldnt waste your breath or emails on holowell. Ian hit the nail on head earlier.. we dared defy the lord almighty! In not leaving our precious easily stolen cars un attended overnight so the local yobs had nothing to vandalise. If they dont want one of the best and nicest car clibs there then stuff emm

Edited by DanE
  • Like 4

Dan we was not only ones not to leave cars on stand the mini lot never the ford lot and some mg owners I believe did not leave their cars on the stands overnight but IMO rhocar was getting bigger and better than the other clubs and they did not like it I think but like people say its their loss but I feel more for Richard as he put a lot into hollowell over the years

Very disappointing news, like most have said ,their loss, now we can look forwards, I'm sure the club being what it is it won't be long before a newer and better venue is sorted,let's face it the facilities weren't that inviting considering the amount of money the events generate throughout the year, they could have invested a little,

Anyway, we're up for a weekend away, don't mind if it costs more than Hollowell, will still be worth it,

Ivan & Andrea

• Like 3