Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

To keep it brief, I failed to get to my IVA appointment and am currently waiting for the RAC to come and tow me home. This morning went something like this:

Pulled car out of garage

Started and let her idle to warm up, was difficult to start but put that down to being cold (still do in part)

Got out on to main road and couldn't get passed 30mph.

Prop started knocking

Turned round

Engine cut out

On tryin to restart the exhaust caught fire and it chucked its coolant.

Pushed it to side of the road.

Diagnosis:

Speed issue is jetting and timing related and or diff.

Prop was a known possible issue and I have a spare to put on

Engine cutting out is most likely timing related

Exhaust catching fire I think I s because it was hot and is jetted rich and so the petrol caught fire in the exhaust when trying to restart.

Coolant not sure on but will check

Plumbing and rad cap is correct for the setup I have.

Mostly I have what I need already to fix it, just need to either buy a new distributor or build one good one out of the two I have. Basically my current one is an electronic one with a fixed advance that was for use with the stealth black box from accuspark, but that broke. I have my original one so intend to put the accuspark bits on that to give me back mechanical advance and still have the benefits of the accuspark bits. Yes I know I probably should have somehow at before but i thought id be OK as is, same for the prop. Lesson learnt.

Guest 2b cruising

Bloody thing seams to know where you are taking it and is too nervous to get there.

Feel sorry for you mate.

Hope your moral is not to down and you get on with it mate.

Not going to wish you luck next time.