Rhocar National Meet September 26Th To 28Th 2014

philshelton

Guest mower man

Hi I sadly won't be making it over the weekend ,up to the neck in new kitchen detailing and a new toy, hope you all have a great time and hope to make it next year , I will remain a member of the club and keep an eye [just the one ! ] on things as in the past mick aka mowerman and ninja mick :crazy:

Campsite filling up quickly, Marquee up, stage built for the band, BBQ area sorted, Archery area all at up, kids bouncy castle up and tested and most importantly..... The barrel of beer has been collected from Nobby's brewery!

:) :drinks: :)

Edited by Shaft

To say that this weekend was a success would be the understatement of the century! IT WAS A ASTRONOMIC SUCCESS!!!!!

The weather was kind to us all weekend bathing the show ground in glorious autumn sun. Many arrived on Friday to find that the early-bird members had done all of the hard work such as building the marquee, sorting the bouncy castle etc....

By the time we'd pitched the tent and set up camp the beers were flowing....something that turned out to be the theme for the weekend....

Friday afternoon was spent catching up with friends and when the sun went down, we all made our way to the marqee which became the events shelter for the night.

A relaxed start to Saturday morning having breakfast and getting ready for the brewery tour. At mid morning a 20 minute walk found 15 of us at nobby's brewery. Greeted by nobby and a pint of ale, we began the tour.......a couple of hours and 3 more pints later we left nobby's having thoroughly enjoyed the tour.

Back to the show ground, we had lunch and then made our way to Simon's archery.....for those who I didn't get chance to tell.....I GOT BULLSEYE ON MY FIRST ARROW :)

Early evening, we sought entertainment from the Mad Scientist and his pototoe cannon....followed by his tesla coil.

BBQ time saw Onslow and his glamorous assistant Shaft on the deck flipping burgers and sausages.

Night desended and the band began playing.....my position next to the beer-barrel was well placed (at least I though so until this morning!)

The band was fantastic and after a couple of songs, the ladies were up dancing with Ivan and the mad-scientist......a couple more songs saw the dance floor full!

We finished the weekend with a sore head and dozens of unforgettable memories. So many members contributed towards making this event spectacular....Bouncy castles, cakes, archery.....all came from club members!

We've learnt a great deal from this weekend and have lots of ideas to grow it bigger for next year!

I finish with a humongous thanks to Phil for all the hard work you've done to pull this weekend together......there really is so much that Phil has done behind the scenes and I say without any reservations that Rhocar has the best Events Secertary we could wish for!!

Edited by steamer
  • Like 5

Many thanks to all those that made us welcome, and a particular thanks to the RHoCAR committee team, including all those that helped, cooked, baked, and supported the event in any form. But as above a massive thanks to Phil who has really worked his socks off to make this event the success it deserves to be.

Already looking forward to next year, so lets get them dates confirmed and booked. If help is needed, let me know, and as soon as the dates are confirmed, I can book the Friday off to help.

Regards Andy

My thanks as well to the Committee, particularly Phil, for organising such a cracking event. It's going from strength to strength and I am sure will be even better/bigger next year. Get it in your diary. And seriously consider camping over, it makes a tremendous difference.

BTW if anyone finds a set of noise cancelling headphones in a case during the clean up, they are mine. I found lots more squeaks and rattles on the way home :)

• Like 4

What a fantastic weekend, many thanks to all who helped make this one of the best weekends ever, and of course many thanks to Phil for getting everything organised. brill weather, brill friends, good banter and good food what more do you want from a weekend. :0) :0) :0)

Owing to other commitments, we only managed to visit on the Sunday - but - excellent location, excellent weather, just a shame we missed all the fun and partying on the Saturday.

As this was our first visit, I chatted to a few club members whilst there today, to try and put faces to forum comments. Others made a point of coming over to chat to us ... cheers.

Next year a whole weekend would be great, so, will either take the motorhome, or 'find' the old small tent!

To those who haven't been - next year should be bigger, better and bolder - well worth attending!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Phil told me it would probably be the weekend of 19th/20th next year.

Congratulations to all who did the organising and 'donkey work' - to make it all happen.

• Like 1

Guest mower man

Great to hear you all had a cracking weekend , sorry we could not make it but theres next year and hopefully a few more after that !!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: mick and stella

Yet another brilliant weekend, thanks go to all who organised and helped set up. My children loved the archery and made a pests of themselves to Simon all weekend. The band were very good too and I would urge all those who didn't make it to this years event to make an extra special effort next year. The informality of the event makes it perfect, you can do as little or as much as you like. It is really good for people like me who dont manage to make it to the shows and meetings to be able to chat to people and put faces to names. There were some really awesome cars there too!

• Like 5