This Weekends Tinkering

Guest alfaGTA

I took the hood off in the morning and put it back on this evening. Aired the car nicely. Smell of mould almost gone.

Been busy migrating from an XP computer to a win 7 computer. Still another days work but at least antivirus, web and email working. I hate all the faff of a new computer. And windows transfer wizard is not the answer. Well it wasn't for me!

Nigel

I blew my engine up last weekend will be rebuilding this coming weekend. Things us english do for scotland :)

feeling touched and loved thanks Dan lets embrace. :give_rose: :air_kiss:

Got to replace two o rings on the heater in the range rover as it is leaking coolant in to the footwell. The rings only cost about six quid but my local 4x4 dealer said allow yourself a full day to fit them as half the dash and fittings on the drivers side have to come out. Deep joy, my favourite sort of job. May have to break it up with a blast in the kit.

Guest peter2b2002

Just got 2 sets of points sent to me so i will try and get my 2b running in the morning also a thingy that fools the air bag light on my z3

peter2b

Dismantled the left hand steering column switch - indicators, mainbeam and horn. Lots of little bits inside. Have given it a good clean and lubrication.

A contact had got hot, softening the plastic near it which then kept it in a wrong position, rendering the switch useless. I've freed the contact and trimmed the plastic. It work, but a relay would be good!

I now have headlights - funny how the headlights which are controlled with the right hand switch are so dependent on the left hand switch working properly.

Dismantled the left hand steering column switch.........................A contact had got hot.......................rendering the switch useless................ a relay would be good!
Early column switches can take the current although most fit two relays. Anything with a part number 87bg************* has to have two relays.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder
  • Like 1

Guest peter2b2002

Sucess robert from the zroadster site fixed my z3 problem so its mot next week also new pionts fitted my 2b starts bit rough but runs just sorting the throttle cable out

happy days

peter2b