Another F@@king Engine!

Tazzzzman1

Thought things were going too well.... Fantastic 2 days on some truly amazing roads in the Highlands. After some rather fruity driving yesterday noticed a small knocking noise... Nothing I could do as in middle no where so had to carry on. Car drove fine but after 300 miles got real bad so had to stop. Fortunately near civilisation... 70 miles from Inverness!! Looks pretty certain a big end has gone..... Guess the unknown engine I fitted wasn't problem free after all...

So my car is now somewhere in Scotland on the back of Mr Green flag.... I'm in the pub drowning my sorrows and now riding shotgun with Keith & Dan... I'm determined to finish this amazing trip.

So looks like I'm gonna be busy when I get back. Gutted ......

Hi Steve... Had a chat with Mike at Roadrunner... 100% confident it was lack of oil.. Which does fit the issue. I had noticed over the past few weeks it was drinking quite a bit. So I was checking levels before setting off. However the past 2 days oils dropped to low mark despite topping up. Combine this with some roller coaster roads and fast cornering, recipe for brief oil starvation...

Just think the engine was rather tired, probably rings or stem seals..

Mikes gonna sort me some bits for the bottom end so might start the rebuild over the weekend if all goes to plan...

If I've learnt anything the past 12 months it's that something's aren't worth worrying over... Ah well at least I know the engine is easy to remove lol...

Just enjoying the rest of the trip now. At least I managed the best driving route first... Something that I will always remember... Still grinning now even after all this...

• Like 4

Guest Howtightpet

Hi Terry

I feel for you running high pressure. I have had my problems. And went back to basics and started again.

and has been running well in fact very well. One main think I learnt you have to get it on a dyno to get it up right.

Just enjoy the company and having a few drinks till you get home and play.

I would have loved to do that run. Have done a run around Highlands in a xk150 was a fantastic trip Bloody hell lieing

2 tyre blow outs and the coil wire Snapped off but was all fixable.

Hope you get it sorted quickly

Alan

No issues with the boost or mapping, just a tired engine.... So new/ rebuild on the cards

Fantastic day today riding passenger. Great roads bloody good beer as well lol... Car hopefully home approx same time as us tomorrow....