Road tax

Del1968

Hi Derek,

RH 2B 2Lt. Pinto

Just checked DVLA 6 months £148.50  12months £270.00

I tax mine for 6 months then SORN over winter

I will be taxing it June 1st for 6 months

Regards Martin

To take advantage of the cheaper 12month price, I tax mine in installments then sorn when I'm done for the year after 6 or 7 months. You need to sorn before the month starts then payments stop and if you've paid for the month you sorn you get a refund. Its not saving much money but does make taxing more flexible.

I taxed mine once using the installment method. It was just to move it around for a month then i cancelled and got a snotty letter saying if I did this again I would not be able to tax it this way again. I obviously upset their admin charges.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:58 AM, Andi said:

I taxed mine once using the installment method. It was just to move it around for a month then i cancelled and got a snotty letter saying if I did this again I would not be able to tax it this way again. I obviously upset their admin charges.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, Mrbarry said:

I constantly tax mine for one month at a time then sorn for a month or two. I’ve never had any issues. I do the same with my motorbikes. 

I've VED'd mine several times for a month, then cancel, then started again, I've never had any problems with DSA often leaving until late in the evening of the last day of the month.