Donington 2015 Is It On?

Jez Morton

They were going to run kitfest down at Castle Combe last year and pulled the plug on it six weeks before. Hopefully as they've tied it in with another event it should go ahead, but as it's an action day I think the focus will be mainly on the track side of things as that's where the money is going to come from for them.

Might be worth getting a load of flyers for the end of season bash printed up and giving them out to all the club stands at Stoneleigh, as there's not a lot else on offer it could tempt a lot of people.

Guest Ian & Carole

soon it will just be rhocar in a field in Northampton a this rate. Oh and hollowell but I don't count that as a kitcar show as its so much more. we need some more events to fill the calendar!!!!

Last year I posted about a show here in Lincoln with camping, 8 live bands on the Saturday afternoon/evening, a good old fashioned village fate on the Sunday with classic car / bike display, cooked breakfast Sunday morning for a fiver.

This event is on the same weekend that used to be "Newark Show" weekend.

We had a great time, and the only Kit car there!!!!!!

Things are about if wanted.

If any one shows an interest I will contact the organisers again.

Hi all, Just thought I'd hopefully answer a few questions regarding Donington and Castle Combe...

We have moved the event from Donington to Castle Combe. New date is Saturday June 20th, and it's a one-day event. We are nothing to do with the KitFest event that was proposed last year. We are combining with the long established classic car action day at Castle Combe and the new event is called the Classic, Kit and Retro Action Day. We've moved to Castle Combe for various reasons, but largely because it answers many people's desire to see kit cars in action, rather than only static. At Castle Combe you can get a passenger ride in a manufacturer's demo car, take your own car on circuit, either in one of the organised sessions, or the whole club can join the planned parade lap if you'd prefer something more sedate. This is NOT an event solely aimed at track day enthusiasts. Over 60 classic car clubs attended the event last year, and put on some terrific displays. Various other special displays are planned throughout the day and, although an outside venue, Castle Combe has a great cafe and viewing areas for the track. At the moment I cannot confirm any camping options, but will let you know ASAP. We certainly hope the club will attend and look forward to seeing loads of you there. BTW, kit car drivers will get in free when booked in via the club. We will be providing club organisers with free passes, according to the size of stand booked, and they can distribute these to owners in advance or perhaps on the gate etc. You must however, arrive in your kit car to be able to use the pass! I hope this answers any initial questions and sets your minds at rest. We feel the combination of an event with classic car enthusiasts is a great one for clubs in particular, as it will give you all lots of news cars to look around. Please book any stand space via myself at the usual Complete Kit Car contact details. Cheers... Ian (sorry for the long post! :)

Might be worth getting a load of flyers for the end of season bash printed up and giving them out to all the club stands at Stoneleigh, as there's not a lot else on offer it could tempt a lot of people.

Hi Steve....we're on it as mentioned in the Jan committee report :)

"Club Flyers;

Club flyers and End of Season Bash flyers have been put together. These have undergone review and ‘tweeks’ by the committee and are now very close to be sent to the printers."

Guest Gargoil

Like the ideas at Castle Combe but it's a long way to go for one day, if you are from oop North.

Shame also that it has to be at the expense of Donington, the only show I managed to get to last year.

Edited by Gargoil

"Club Flyers;

Club flyers and End of Season Bash flyers have been put together. These have undergone review and ‘tweeks’ by the committee and are now very close to be sent to the printers."

Being printed as we post! Ready for Stoneleigh.

Thanks to Steve.

Guest Gargoil

Castle Coombe's in the Midlands.

Nigel

I used to live quite close to it, even had a few days at the track, but didn't think it qualified as the Midlands. It would still be the a long way to go for a single day's show unless as Tazzzzman says, you make a weekend out if it. A trip in to Bath would help fill that weekend.

I think a 660 mile round trip will be a bit much for a day out !!! Its a shame as I was looking forward to the Donnington w/e, the "North " seems to be getting more isolated as far as events go so we may have to look at some of our local events to fill the gaps.