Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

• 2 weeks later...

This morning, I was meant to be up at 6am and out the house by 7am to go to my IVA retest. At 6:50am, I woke up... Thankfully I had fully prepared everything over the weekend and so all I had to do was get dressed and go, so I was on the road by 7:10, and even had time to let the car warm up for a few minutes before setting off!

Took a steady drive there as it was still a bit damp and this was the furthest and fastest I have ever driven the car. Was a great drive though. Got to the test station at around 7:45, got checked in and then the test began at 8am. This time I had Josh do my test as Keith is still not fully back to work. He decided we should start outside as it was dry and looked like it might not be for long. So, first up was the noise test, and this time it was well under at 90db!

Next it was the rearwards visibility, and with a quick tweak to the mirror position it was another tick!

We then moved inside to put it on the rollers and test the speedo. On the drive there I had noticed it was a bit jumpy on anything buy the smoothest roads, so had my fingers crossed that it would be ok on the rollers, and it was. First run up and it was under reading, showing 70mph at real 73mph. Quick guesstimate on the of change to the dash configuration and try again, and it read as close to perfect as you want, showing 70mph at a real 69mph.

Last up the car was put on the ramp to check the few bits under the car and the harness mounts. Brake leak fixed, tick. Fuel leak fixed, tick. Brake pipe now secured properly, tick. Handbrake cable safe distance from the drive shaft, tick, but, too close to brake flexi, quick cable tie, fixed. Harness mounts, he had a good look over these but was happy enough as I had done what Keith had asked, so another tick and PASSED!

Regisration paperwork is already on its way to DVLA and now I have just have to sit back and.... Start the post IVA changes!

Couple of photos, these are actually from last time as I forgot to take any during the test today, but I do have some video footage from the drives there and back so will put together a video and post up later.

IMG_8043.jpg

IMG_8047.jpg

EB43150A-9C4F-4E9A-A78A-A1F37206B114.jpg

• Like 5