Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

I had Keith when I did my test in September 2013. He really is a top fella. Not a massive list of fails. I'd be proud of that result.

Guest 2b cruising

So then. Nothing to serious and it could all be done over the week end.

The worse job I think is the fuel leak. If it is not from an obvious place, they can be a bit of a bu**er.

Even the diffs are not to difficult to change if you can get hold of one quickly enough.someone was on the site saying he had plenty spare in his barn but can't remember who or what title the blog was.

Good luck with the retest.

Which charity?

Edited by 2b cruising

Excellent result - well done! I'd be happy with a short fail list like that when the time comes. Glad to hear you've got your diff sorted already too.

Stu, don't for get the near miss on the front indicators! All in all a awesome day and very small to do list. You have done yourself proud. Let me know dates if you need help with the to do list.

Guest 2b cruising

Thanks all, despite it being a fail I am very happy with the result. Just need to source a diff and get it done.

Cancer Research we said.

Consider it done first thing tomorrow.

Stu, don't for get the near miss on the front indicators! All in all a awesome day and very small to do list. You have done yourself proud. Let me know dates if you need help with the to do list.

Ah yes. So Keith measured the angles of visibility on the indicators and said they failed on inwards visibility (45degrees) as the nose cone blocked them. Though we queried this as I was sure I had checked everything and thought maybe it was the height they had to be visible from. On checking the manual though it was that because they were below 750mm from the ground they only needed 20degree inward visibility and they passed this with ease -phew-

Steve has sent me the photos he took, so a few more photos from the day below. I forgot to say thank you to Steve in my write up for coming with me to the IVA, the moral support helped massively, so thank you!

Getting ready to head to the test

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

and at the test centre

image4.jpeg

image6.jpeg

• Like 3